Social Work MSW Permission Codes
(6000 Level SW Courses)
Read prior to submission:
- Online students: This form is for electives and area of focus Advances Practice courses.
Campus students: This form is only for area of focus Advances Practice courses.
- Course sections 630, 730, 830, etc are reserved for other cohorts and may not be requested. Students requesting these sections will not receive a response.
- Evening and DCFS students: Do not use this form. Permission codes will be sent to you by your advisor.
- Do not ask instructors for permission to add their class, and do not email Social Work faculty or staff for permission codes.
- All responses will be sent to the requester's Umail.
- Do not send multiple requests; it will prolong the process
- Requests are processed in the order received, and students requesting a course in their area of focus have priority. However, please know that it will take time for all code requests to come in, and for advisors to work through the requests. Please be patient.
- Permission codes are single-use only. Do not share them.
- Students are not guaranteed to receive a permission code for requested courses or sections. Advisors will work on alternate solutions with
you if necessary. It is crucial that you ensure you:
- Qualify to take the course (Advanced Standing or 2nd year MSW program status)
- Register for courses on time and request permission codes in a timely manner
- Use the permission code within 2 weeks of your assigned registration date or you could lose your seat. If you are unable to use the code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org right away.