Strategic Plan & Core Values
CREATE AND APPLY NEW KNOWLEDGE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE COMMUNITY
- Grow funding that directly and indirectly supports CSW research
- Increase productivity and dissemination of CSW research
- Provide cutting-edge curriculum and training to students in classrooms, practicum sites, and research settings
- Support student research through funding and mentoring
- Expand collaborative research and interprofessional education opportunities
EDUCATE AND EMPOWER COLLEGE OF SOCIAL WORK STUDENTS TO EFFECT SOCIAL CHANGE AND TRANSFORM LIVES
- Provide quality experiences for students from application to completion
- Offer a diverse and inclusive learning environment
- Extend and continually improve online and technology-enhanced degree and certificate programs
- Expand student funding support through scholarships and assistanceships to increase access and opportunities
ENGAGE COMMUNITIES TO IMPROVE WELL-BEING AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Produce research that addresses social challenges in our world
- Provide services that meet societal needs, particularly for vulnerable populations
- Facilitate diverse opportunities for learning and collaboration through practicum experiences, global leaning opportunities, and interprofessional education
- Lead community conversations on current events
ENSURE THE LONG-TERM VIABILITY AND NATIONAL VISIBILITY OF THE COLLEGE OF SOCIAL WORK BY ADVANCING EXCELLENCE IN INSTRUCTION AND RESEARCH
- Increase our national visibility through impactful research and academic achievements
- Provide state-of-the-art facilities for students, educators, researchers, and community
- Share our stories – communicate our achievements with stakeholders, community members, and national peers
- Ensure a safe and comfortable learning and working environment for our students, faculty, and staff
The College of Social Work shares the University of Utah’s Core Values
The U is committed to providing the financial assistance, personalized support, and engaged learning experiences that increase access to the university and facilitate persistence through degree completion.
The U engages in cutting-edge teaching and research that foster inter- and trans-disciplinary innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship, and knowledge and technology transfer.
The U celebrates the rich diversity of people as well as creative and intellectual traditions by being inclusive in every respect.
The U contributes to a more sustainable world through research, teaching, and demonstrating best practices in protecting and enhancing the natural and built environment on the campus and environs, making it a great place to live, learn, work, play, create, recreate, and visit.