This is an immediate opening for a school social worker at Summit Academy.
Part-Time Social Worker
Employment Start Date: Immediately
Job Description Position Summary:
The candidate will deliver school-based psycho-educational services that improve student performance, enhance student educational success, and promote the mental health interests of children and youth. The candidate will be responsible for provided services to both general and special education students at a variety of locations. Broad-based services include consultation, direct instruction, intervention, assessment and evaluation. The RTI model is used with all students including those suspected of a specific learning disability, other health impairment (ADHD), and emotional disturbance. The candidate is expected to adhere to applicable federal and state laws and regulations (i.e., Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Individual with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA), Section 504, as well as Summit Academy policies and procedures. This person will report directly to Support Services Director.
Planning and Preparation
• Implements instruction u sing research based materials
• Demonstrates knowledge of RTI process and progress monitoring
• Understands overall diversity of assigned students and individual characteristics of students/parents; specifically, how this impacts their need for support
Instruction and Student Achievement
• Supervise and support team members to improve student outcomes.
• Collaborates in the implementation of IEP’s and attend IEP meetings as required
• Provides direct instruction to improve student outcomes
• Maintains regular contact with students and families via telephone, email, and instructional sessions, and face-to-face interactions
• Evaluates student performance and progress
• Available to meet students face to face for necessary meetings and/or remediation
• Maintains compliance of all documents
• Completes Quarterly Progress Reports for students on case load
• Attends face to face school wide community outings and events a s needed
Job Qualifications JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Appropriate certification/licensing for the State of Utah
• DOE required background checks and clearances
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Strong communication skills
• Have the ability to support and guide adults, as well as students
Those interested in getting more detail about the job description may contact Jacque Schmidt, Support Services Director: email@example.com.