POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
| POSITION: Counselor II
DEPARTMENT: Jicarilla Behavioral Health Department
The counselor II incumbent performs direct clinical services and support to outpatient clients with behavioral health and substance abuse problems. Provides services as a member of the departments family focused community based treatment team. This is a full time 40 hour per week position.
Work hours will be flexible to allow for services delivery that is sensitive to clients and community needs.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: No Supervisory responsibility.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Outpatient Program Manager and Department Director
WORK HOURS: This is a full Time-40 Hours per week. Work hours will be flexible to allow for services delivery that is sensitive to client needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Knowledge of the Jicarilla Apache Nation’s language, culture, traditions, and history.
- Awareness and culture sensitivity in working with Native American communities.
- Knowledge individuals, couples, family and group counseling strategies and techniques, to include crisis prevention.
- Knowledge of crisis management and the ability to deal with life threatening situations including prevention of suicide.
- Knowledge of DSM V
- Ability to work flexible work hours to address client needs
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with individuals of the community, clients of Jicarilla Behavioral Health Department and to provide consultation to staff and community.
- Ability to read and analyze technical reports and make oral and written presentations to interested parties.
- Ability to advocate, organize, problem-solve and provide results for clients.
- Ability to have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds in courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to record information concisely and accurately.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a treatment team.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software.
- Will be subject to random drug testing and must have 2 years or more sobrieties and maintain sobriety for duration of employment.
- Must have a criminal record and background check with ninety (90) days of hire.
- Failure to unsuccessfully pass a background check may be grounds for immediate termination.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field
- 3 or more years’ experience in substance abuse counseling, mental health counseling, social work, psychology preferred.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATES:
- Must have (Or be able to obtain with 6 months of hire date) current licensure from the New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Board such as LMSW, LCSW. LPC/LPCC (Attach Copy).
- Must be able to obtain clearance from the Nation’s Risk Management Office to drive Nation Vehicles.
- Valid state driver’s license. (Attach copy).
- Masters in Psychology or related field will be considered in lieu of Master’s in Social Work or Counseling.
- Licensed Substance Abuse Association (LSAA), License Abuse Drug and Alcohol Counseling (LDAC), preferred, but will not be considered in lieu of Master’s in above fields.
JICARILLA PREFERENCE POLICY:
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Jicarilla Apache Nation members in accordance with the Jicarilla Preference Law as defined by Article 111 of the revised Constitution of the Jicarilla apache Nation. Consideration will be given to Non-Nation, Non-Indian applicants in the absence of qualified Jicarilla Apache nation members.
Please submit all applications/resumes to the Human Resources Department located at the Jicarilla Administration Building. All applications must be submitted on or before the closing date. If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will receive an interview notice in person or through the mail shortly after the closing date.
NOTE: Failure to attach all required documents (certificates, diplomas, etc.) mentioned in the vacancy announcement will result in application being turned down or not being considered at all.
Dulce, New Mexico is located about 50 miles south of Pagosa Springs, Colorado and 25 miles north of Chama New Mexico. Santa Fe and Albuquerque are 2 ½ hours and 3 hours away respectively. Housing is tough in Dulce but there are places to rent in Pagosa and Chama. We are a small town, no stop lights but we do have shopping center. Lots of hiking, mountain biking, fishing opportunities, and the benefits are competitive with above average starting salaries.
Interested individuals should contact Jeff Versaw: email@example.com