Wasatch Pediatrics is offering Behavioral Health Services to patients and families in our primary care pediatric clinics as part of our mission to provide superior care. The chosen candidate will be a member of the primary care team and help develop plans for behavioral improvement or other lifestyle changes. The BHC will provide assistance with emotional or behavioral problems, difficulties with family or relationships, grief, stress, depression, anxiety, anger, etc. in an integrated medical and behavioral health setting. Full and part time positions available.
- Provide direct clinical services as part of an integrated medical and behavioral health team including;
- Diagnostic assessments
- Brief interventions
- Treatment planning
- Care coordination
- Crisis intervention
- Consult and collaborate frequently with Primary Care Physicians, medical staff, community partners, and families.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
- Minimum licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CMHC) in the State of Utah.
- Efficient assessment skills and evaluation techniques.
- Expertise in multiple modes of psychotherapy for children, families, and parenting support.
- General knowledge of psychiatric and psycho-pharmaceutical treatment of behavioral health disorders.
- Solid behavior assessment, modification, and skill development abilities.
- Understanding of child developmental stages and age appropriate behavioral health development.
- Working knowledge of local behavioral health community and resources.
- Meets all accepted standards of behavioral health ethics and clinical practice.
- High level of comfort with effective consultation methods and working interactively with a care team.
- Ability to act independently, respond professionally and calmly in crisis or otherwise, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and apply general principles to specific conditions.
Go to https://www.wasatchpeds.net/Employment to express interest and apply for the position.