Yay! You found us!
New Haven Residential Treatment Center is a nationally recognized therapeutic program. We’ve been treating adolescent girls
and their families since 1995. The secret to our success is our focus on family work. We believe that in order for an adolescent
to go home healthy—and stay healthy—her family must make changes, as well. We require each of our families to be actively
engaged in family therapy and the entire treatment process.
Most students enrolling at New Haven have been to several treatment programs before finding us. Our goal is to be their last
stop for inpatient treatment. To ensure this, we use feedback-informed treatment to guide the therapeutic process. If our
current tactic isn’t helping a client, we’ll find a new approach. Our outcomes data are, by far, the most robust in the industry.
We believe in collaboration. The clinical department meets weekly with the residential, medical, and academic departments in
a weekly treatment team. We review each student, each week, to make sure she’s progressing. Our therapists use a variety of
modalities to ensure the highest level of care. These include relationship-based therapies such as service and therapeutic
As a New Haven employee, you’ll have the opportunity to change lives and heal families every day.
What you’ll love about us
● Meaningful work. You’ll make a lasting difference in lives of adolescent girls and their families. Therapy work will
include individual, family, and group sessions each week.
● Health benefits. We offer medical benefits and a generous HSA contribution.
● Prepare for the future. You’ll be eligible to sign up for a 401k with company matching.
● Personal growth and career development. We love to see our employees grow within the company, no matter where
they’re at in their career. To help you, we offer in-house training, a mastery program, and a yearly stipend for
continuing education. New Haven is heavily involved in industry symposiums, associations, and networking groups.
● Competitive salary. Based upon experience and licensure status.
● Utah region. You’ll have nearby access to national parks, festivals, higher education institutions, and year-round
outdoor activities. Utah is also one of the safest states to raise a family.
● Travel. Utah is beautiful, but it’s nice to get away. New Haven offers in-home visits and aftercare coaching to our
families. Therapists will be paid for these trips in addition to their regular salary.
What we’ll love about you
● You have a master’s degree in behavioral sciences. For example, marriage and family therapy (MFT, LMFT); social
work (MSW, LCSW); clinical mental health counseling (LPC, LCMHC); or a related discipline.
● You are (or have the ability to be) licensed in the state of Utah, or you are actively working towards obtaining clinical
● You’re able to pass a state background check.
● You’re motivated, adaptable, and have a fluid schedule.
● You have two years of experience leading individual, family, and group sessions as a therapist.
● You’ve had a year of experience in a residential setting using relational, experiential, and systemic modalities
(preferred, but not required).
● You’re interested in working with us long-term.
Let’s get to know each other
If you think you’d be happy working at New Haven, we’d love to talk and answer your questions. To do so, you can contact a
member of our hiring team Debbi Johnson, our HR manager, at 801.423.5285, firstname.lastname@example.org or Erik Backlund, our
Corporate Recruiter at 801-423-5297, email@example.com.
If you’re ready to apply, you can submit a resume at www.innerchange.com/careers.