Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah, 437 West 200 South SLC 84101
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time, with benefits
Salary: $ 14.50-16/hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Refugee Resettlement, Homeless Services and CCS of Northern Utah programs. CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health insurance, dental, 401a and 403b retirement plans and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
Offer our clients services, including, but not limited to, assisting in the process of becoming housed, employed and accessing necessary assistance resources.
1. Oversee the effort to help our clients into housing and employment.
2. Actively advocate for clients in receiving services which will assist them in overcoming the obstacles to self-sufficiency.
3. Assist in efforts to develop and acquire job leads for our clients, in the community, on the computer and over the phone.
4. Manage the storage of important client documentation
5. Gather statistical information through surveys from clients monthly.
6. Enter client stats in State of Utah Homeless tracking system (UHMIS).
7. Conduct Life Skills classes on a monthly basis.
8. Liaison with other agencies such as the Road Home, Fourth Street Clinic, Valley Mental Health, Volunteers of America, Salt Lake Fire Department, Salt Lake City Police Department, and other as directed by the WHRC Manager or Program Director.
9. Keep the WHRC Manager and Homeless Services Director advised of any information or developments which have an impact on the organization.
10. Exercise a “team approach” with both staff and volunteers.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment – inside/outside, office, warehouse, noise, temperature, etc.
1. Inside an office most of the day.
2. One on one meetings with vulnerable clients.
3. Properly dispose of drug paraphernalia when found.
4. Clean up of human biohazard materials, vomit, excrement, soiled clothing, and blankets.
Physical Demands including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
1. Ability to sit for periods of time.
2. Ability to move around a large room and yard frequently each hour.
3. Salt walkways during winter months.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
1. Ability to get along with people.
2. Ability to operate with minimal supervision. Must possess the ability to follow through with assigned tasks.
3. Must be able to meet a dead line.
4. Must possess the ability to multi-task.
5. The ability to respond to a problem(s) and come up with an effective solution.
6. Ability to approach problematic situations with tact and sensitivity.
7. Must possess the personal qualities of integrity, compassion, and empathy, which encourage the trust, and confidence of others.
8. Proficiency in oral and written communication.
9. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Education, training and or experience:
1. Bachelor‘s degree or equivalent experience in Social Service area.
2. Supervisory experience.
3. Must possess computer software experience in the following, MS operating system, MS Word, Excel, and the internet.
4. Spanish speaking preferred.
5. Knowledge of homeless service providers.
Background Screen/BCI requirement
1. Must pass BCI/FBI background check.
Licenses, certifications and credentials
1. None Required.
Position status and expected schedule
1. 40 hours per week Monday –Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go the company website: ccsutah.org and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled
Requisition #: 18.1.2