Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah, 745 E 300 S SLC UT 84102
Status: Non-exempt, Full-time, with benefits
Salary: $14.50-15.50 hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Refugee Resettlement, Homeless Services and CCS of Northern Utah programs.
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health insurance, dental, 401a and 403b retirement plans and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
Train, support, and retain foster care families for the refugee foster care program and make recommendations to the program staff regarding these families.
1. Help coordinate and prepare all pre-service training, screening, and initial education for foster family applicants. Teach pre-service courses as needed.
2. Provide evaluations and recommendations to the refugee foster care program staff regarding appropriateness of families for the program.
3. Assist in developing and coordinating foster family retention and continuing education activities.
4. Make twice-monthly home visits to all assigned foster families to ensure compliance with state and agency licensing standards and offer support to the families and youth.
5. Maintain case files for all assigned foster families.
6. Conduct intakes with all foster youth placed in assigned foster families within 48 hours of placement.
7. Coach assigned foster families in parenting skills and conflict resolution.
8. Assist foster families in obtaining and maintaining state foster care licensing.
9. Other duties as may be assigned.
Work Environment – inside/outside, office, warehouse, noise, temperature, etc.
1. Work will be performed primarily inside but will occur in youths’ homes, places of employment, educational institutes, and other locations as needed in addition to being performed in an office. Driving is required in this position.
Physical Demands including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
1. Work requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods, to walk moderate distances, to drive, and occasionally to assist youth with physical activities such as carrying groceries or household supplies.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
1. Works independently in a safe, appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem solving and problem prevention.
2. Demonstrated organizational, training, and parent coaching skills.
3. Consistently performs work assignments in a timely manner. Adheres to deadlines.
4. Proficiency in English oral and written communication.
5. Must maintain confidentiality regarding the youths.
6. Proficiency in computer skills that are required for the position.
7. Availability of an automobile with proof of current driver’s license, auto insurance, and 21 years of age or older.
8. Demonstrates cultural competency and a willingness to work with and learn from persons from different cultures.
Education, training and or experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field from an accredited institution.
2. Experience with multi-cultural and refugee community.
3. Experience working with parents and families in a supportive capacity.
4. Experience working with youth, preferable in a foster care setting.
Background Screen/BCI requirement
1. Ability to pass a BCI/FBI background check.
Licenses, certifications and credentials
1. SSW or CSW preferred.
Position status and expected schedule
1. This position is non-exempt. The general schedule will consist of 40 hours to be worked on Monday through Fridays between the hours of 8:30 AM and 8:00 PM.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go the company website: ccsutah.org and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled
Requisition #: 17.6.3