Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah, 745 E 300 S SLC UT 84102
Status: Non-exempt, Full-time, with benefits
Salary: $14.50-15.50 hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Refugee Resettlement, Homeless Services and CCS of Northern Utah programs.
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health insurance, dental, 401a and 403b retirement plans and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
Assume primary responsibility for ensuring the service delivery system is responsive to all the needs of each refugee youth during the service period. Provision of case management services as outlined in the USCCB/MRS cooperative agreement, Reception and Placement regulations, state and federal regulations and in compliance with policies and procedures of Catholic Community Services Refugee Resettlement Program. All services provided in a manner that will facilitate self-sufficiency within the service period.
1. Collaborate and cooperate with government, non-government, profit and non-profit agencies to ensure services for the refugee youths.
2. Documents what happens to refugees and to case coordination, agency interaction and interagency coordination efforts. Maintain case files in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
3. Complete monthly in-home visits with every foster youth assigned. Seek reports from foster parents on a monthly basis, therapists on a bi-monthly basis, and schools a minimum of once per semester.
4. Be available for some evening and weekend work, including being on call on for emergencies on a rotating schedule.
5. Assess youth’s progress in independent living skills, academic development, and adjustment to culture and set up any necessary supports.
6. Other duties as may be assigned.
Work Environment – inside/outside, office, warehouse, noise, temperature, etc.
1. Work will be performed primarily inside but will occur in youths’ homes, places of employment, educational institutes, and other locations as needed. Driving is required for this position.
Physical Demands including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
1. Work requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods, to walk moderate distances, to drive, and occasionally to assist youth with physical activities such as carrying groceries or household supplies.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
1. Works independently. Demonstrates both problem solving and problem prevention.
2. Displays sensitivity to the needs of the youths, foster families, CCS staff, volunteers and other
persons with whom the employee may interact.
3. Proficiency in English oral and written communication.
4. Proficiency in computer skills that are required for the position.
5. Availability of an automobile with clean driving record, proof of current driver’s license, auto
insurance, and 21 years of age or older.
Education, training and or experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field from an accredited institution.
2. Familiar with and supportive of the mission of Catholic Community Services of Utah and the vision of
the Catholic Church articulated by the diocesan bishop.
3. Experience with multi-cultural and refugee community.
Background Screen/BCI requirement
1. Ability to pass a BCI/FBI background check.
Licenses, certifications and credentials
1. SSW or CSW preferred.
Position status and expected schedule
1. The general schedule will consist of 40 hours worked Monday through Fridays between the hours of
8:30 AM and 8:00 PM.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended
to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to
change or assign other duties to this position.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go the company website: ccsutah.org and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled
Requisition #: 17.7.1