Utah AIDS Foundation
Insurance Enrollment Assistor
The Enrollment Assistor provides enrollment assistance to individuals that are living with HIV to enroll in a Ryan White Part B approved health insurance plan. This position is a full-time temporary position that is generally filled from October through December.
- Maintain expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications to assist individuals in enrolling into a health plan that best suits their healthcare needs.
- Provide information and services in a fair, accurate, and impartial manner.
- Facilitate selection of a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) for individuals needing assistance in enrollment; Provide information in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to the needs of the population being served, including individuals with limited English proficiency;
- Collect and track select patient information for specific enrollment/retention interventions and communicate information back to patient’s case manager and the Ryan White Part B Program utilizing systems that protect patient privacy.
- Collect, track and assist in the preparation of progress reports and other reporting requirements
- Attend meetings as requested by the Programming Director, Chief Financial Officer or Executive Director, such as staff meetings, departmental meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
Accountable to: Programming Director
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or human services related field required OR equivalent experience.
- Ability to relate positively and sensitively to persons diverse in lifestyle, age, ethnicity, beliefs, socio-economic level and sexual orientation.
- Must have reliable transportation for travel to client’s appointments and other statewide travel.
- Experience in a health care related field.
- Experience and understanding of health insurance industry, benefits selection, etc.
- Experience and understanding of Medicaid and CHIP.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English)
Fax or email cover letter and resume to Jared Hafen, Programming Director, 801-487-3978 or Jared@UtahAIDS.org.