MSW Tuition & Scholarships

MSW Tuition

The College of Social Work assesses a per-credit-hour differential tuition charge. This differential tuition charge is IN ADDITION to the regular graduate tuition charge. Differential tuition offsets the costs of professional education and is used by all professional programs on campus. The University increases tuition rates beginning each summer semester, as determined by the Utah legislature and the Board of Regents.

Click here for MSW tuition rates

If you have questions about your state residency status, visit the University of Utah Office of Admissions Residency FAQs, or contact them directly at 801-581-8761 option #5.

MSW Scholarships

The College of Social Work offers scholarships for BSW, MSW, and PhD students. Students interested in applying for scholarships can do so during the spring prior to beginning the program. All applications are submitted online. To see a list of the scholarships as well as the deadlines, please visit the College of Social Work Financial Aid & Scholarships page.

To be eligible for need-based scholarships, submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required. Submitting a FAFSA will also determine eligibility for federal loans. Please visit the University of Utah Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to learn more about federal loans.

Last Updated: 9/4/18