Application Deadline: November 1 (priority) and January 15 (final) for a start date of August the following
Admission decisions announced no later than May 1
Program Length: Two years
Credit Hours: 60
First Year Coursework:
First year courses are generalist courses, held during the day on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- SW6001 - Practice I
- SW6002 - Practice II
- SW6030 - Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- SW6040 - DSM and Psychopathology
- SW6140 - Community-based Strategies for Social Change
- SW6110 - Research for Social Work Practice
- SW6120 - Diversity & Social Justice: Reflexive & Ethical Social Work Practice I
- SW6240 - Social Policies and Programs: Advocacy and Analysis for Justice
- SW6511 - Field Practicum I
- SW6512 - Field Practicum II
Practicum (fieldwork) is completed on other weekdays, for a total of 450 hours.
For a more detailed course schedule, review the 1st Year Program of Study *Insert attached PDF with the same title
Second Year Coursework:
Second year courses prepare students for practice with specific areas/populations. Students choose one of seven concentrations of study. Courses are held during the day on Thursdays and Fridays.
Practicum (fieldwork) is completed on other weekdays, for a total of 600 hours.
Ideally, students complete the program in two years of full-time, daytime attendance, with concurrent practicum fall and spring semesters. It is possible to attend six consecutive semesters by doing block summer placements (450 hours first summer, 600 hours second summer). This option does narrow practicum placement options since most agencies prefer students in fall/spring placements.
Please direct questions to:
Coordinator, MSW Admissions