Volunteers of America, Utah
Work part or full-time, assisting male and female clients who are recovering from substance abuse. Rewarding work at an agency where we are committed to making a difference in the lives we touch. We serve Utah’s most vulnerable population.
- Conduct intake interviews with clients who are intoxicated or in withdrawal.
- Screen clients for admission; intake and orientation
- Interact with clients who are in the detox process.
- Monitor clients to ensure safety and enforce facility rules.
- Complete record keeping and answer phones.
- Work together and support coworkers.
- Monitor and document client prescription medications.
- Take vital signs.
- Ability to be firm yet compassionate.
- Familiarity/knowledge of substance abuse strongly preferred.
- High School diploma/GED, Associates Degree and one year of work experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic computer skills
- Valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
Residential facility open 24/7. Shifts are typically 8 hours.
$11.50 per hour, $12.00 per hour at 6 months; $1 per hour grave shift differential.
Full-time position includes medical, dental, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; 403b retirement plan with employer match.
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veteran / Disabled