Girls on the Run Utah is Hiring a New Program Director!
Do you have passion and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities for girls third-eighth grades? This could be the opportunity for you!
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you are selected as a final candidate you will be contacted before September 8th to set up an interview.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Girls on the Run® Program Director (PD) must possess a passion for and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of girls in third through eighth grades. The Girls on the Run program provides a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living which includes an introduction and education on important topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event. The innovative curriculum teaches girls to listen and open up while also encouraging them to commit
to a healthy lifestyle, and harness the inner strength that they possess. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today.
The Program Director reports to the Girls on the Run Executive Director. The Program Director is responsible for managing all of the Girls on the Run programs and volunteers. Some of the key responsibilities falling within these areas include:
Program Outreach and Site Management
• Implement the Girls on the Run strategic program plan and achieve program goals with respect to number of girls, number of sites and demographic requirements
• Market Girls on the Run program to potential new sites
• Work with community leaders, schools and other groups to maximize Girls on the Run success
• Coordinate all new and existing sites
• Enforce all current site policies and procedures and generate innovation and improvement as needed
Coach Management and Training
• Ensure all program sites are staffed with qualified volunteer coaches
• Manage all aspects of coach training, including Girls on the Run training, Learning Academy, CPR & First Aid, and background checks.
• Enforce all current coaching policies and procedures and generate continuous improvement
• Purchase and distribute all curriculum materials including: coach boxes, coach manuals, healthy snacks and program equipment
• Manage inventory and distribution of coach and program curriculum, materials and supplies.
Budget and Administrative
• Work with Executive Director to develop program budget
• Manage program budget
• Data collection & information management of rosters, girls, numbers & revenue
• Manage all coach files, sites files and other program related paperwork
• Manage Raceplanner, the online registration and database for Girls on the Run
• BA or BS degree
• Passion for Girls on the Run mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health
• Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences (internal and external)
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and make efficient decisions
• Flexible and adaptable
• Experience with Girls on the Run (or other similar youth or wellness programs)
• Non-profit management experience
• Fundraising experience
• Experience working with a Board of Directors
• Connections to the local community
Salary /Benefit Details
Range: $45,000-$55,000 gross full time salary based on qualifications
Monthly stipend for phone and gas
Flexible office hours to be discussed during interview
No insurance benefits
~Find Out More about Girls on the Run Utah~