MSW Program Specialist
The MSW Program Specialist applies expertise about the social work profession and the MSW Program at CSU to support prospective and current students across recruiting and retention functions.
The School of Social Work at Colorado State University (CSU) is part of the College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS). We offer bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in social work, along with a dual master’s degree in social work and public health and multiple graduate certificates. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
Mission: The School of Social Work strives to create an anti-racist, anti-oppressive, and liberatory learning community. We prepare leaders who demonstrate excellence in practice, research, advocacy, and community engagement across local and global settings.
Manage prospective student services (60% of time)
- Develop and implement an annual recruitment plan for the on-campus and distance MSW program options. This plan will align with strategic planning across the School of Social Work and will center diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
- Coordinate with Graduate School and College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS) to represent the MSW Program in recruitment events and communications.
- Collaboratively develop MSW Program marketing and communication materials that align with recruitment goals and center diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
- Collaborate with CSU Online and/or Student Support Coach towards distance student recruitment, prospective student meetings, and marketing events.
- Plan and implement program preview days for prospective students during each admission cycle for both on-campus and distance program options (2 events annually).
- Manage prospective student communications and program inquires for on-campus and distance program options.
- Host virtual program preview opportunities for prospective students and pending applicants each semester.
- Collaborate with BSW Advisors and/or Program Director for Advanced Standing recruitment.
- Participate as a member of the application review committee
- Develop and implement evaluation of prospective student services to facilitate data-driven strategic planning for recruitment.
- Review MSW Program webpages and provide suggested updates and edits to CHHS and CSU Online.
- Create and supervise MSW student ambassador hourly position(s) to support recruitment efforts.
- Cross-train in SLATE to support managing program applications in coordination with the Graduate Program Coordinator.
Current Student Services (30% of time)
- Develop and implement program events that support retention through: professional mentorship, career planning, community building, and belonging/program identity across cohorts
- Collaboratively facilitate MSW Program Orientation
- Plan and implement annual Professional Development Days, an extension of program outreach and program orientation
- Facilitate professional learning community or student mentorship group(s) as part of the MSW program experience.
Service (10% of time)
- Support MSW Program Administration
- Contribute to program visioning, renewal efforts, and strategic planning
- Provide service to the School of Social Work as assigned by the Director
Required Job Qualifications
- MSW degree
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Identified contributions and/or potential to contribute to diversity and inclusion in workplace and/or educational settings.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity based on a history of training, education, or liberation-based activities.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- 2+ years post MSW degree experience
- Project management
- Personnel or student recruitment and/or support
- Event planningExperience with
- Ability to facilitate above responsibilities (conversations, manage communications, and work on recruitment strategies) with an awareness of inclusion, privilege, oppression, and i intersectionality connected to diverse student identities.
- Conversational Spanish
Please click here for more information or to apply.
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.