Changes Counseling & Consultation, LLC
We are seeking a highly organized and compassionate male individual to join our mental health office as an Office Associate. In this role, you will play a vital part in supporting our team of mental health professionals in delivering quality care to our clients. Your responsibilities will encompass a wide range of administrative tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the office and create a welcoming and supportive environment for clients.
1. Provide administrative support: Assist in managing appointments, scheduling, and coordinating meetings for mental health professionals. Maintain accurate and up to date client records, ensuring confidentiality and adherence to privacy regulations.
2. Greet and assist clients: Welcome clients to the office, provide necessary paperwork, and assist them in completing required forms. Respond to client inquiries and provide basic information about mental health services, ensuring a compassionate and empathetic approach.
3. Manage communication: Answer phone calls, emails, and other correspondence promptly and professionally. Direct inquiries to the appropriate mental health professionals and follow up as necessary.
4. Coordinate referrals: Collect and process client referrals from external sources, ensuring all required information is obtained and accurately recorded. Liaise with referring organizations or individuals as needed.
5. Support billing and financial processes: Assist in verifying insurance coverage, collecting co pays, and managing billing related tasks. Collaborate with the billing department to ensure accurate and timely submission of claims.
6. Collaborate with the mental health team: Work closely with mental health professionals to provide administrative support, coordinate schedules, and facilitate efficient office workflows. Foster a cooperative and supportive work environment.
7. Maintain confidentiality: Handle sensitive client information with the utmost care and maintain strict confidentiality at all times, following legal and ethical guidelines.
High school diploma or equivalent required; associate's degree preferred.
Prior experience in an administrative or office support role is preferred.
Familiarity with mental health terminology, procedures, and practices is a plus.
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally and empathetically with clients and colleagues.
Attention to detail and accuracy in record keeping and administrative tasks.
Proficiency in using office software, such as word processing, spreadsheet, and scheduling applications.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team oriented environment.
A commitment to maintaining a positive and supportive environment for clients and colleagues.
Shift/Pay: Starting pay is from $16--$17 per hour, with future raises in a few months. 15--25 work hours are available weekly, during times that work for you between 4pm--7pm, on any combination of Monday through Friday, and about 8 hours on two Saturdays per month (closed Sundays). We’re flexible with schedules and loyal to our family--team.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender or any other protected characteristic.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications or references to email@example.com and address it to Ashley.
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.