Caseworker/Social Service Worker
Caseworker I/Social Service Worker - DCFS Wasatch Front
If you want to make a difference for children and families in the State of Utah, you should apply for this opening. The Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) across the Wasatch Front (Salt Lake, Provo, and Ogden areas) is seeking applicants to fill Caseworker I/Social Service Worker (SSW) positions.
CASEWORKER I: Pay: $23.60. A Bachelor's Degree, or higher, in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Family and Human Development, Criminal Justice or a closely related field is preferred.
SOCIAL SERVICE WORKER (SSW): Pay: $26.21. Requires an active Social Service Worker License or a higher, related license (Certified Social Worker, LCSW, etc.) from the State of Utah.
Become an integral part of a Utah Division working together to keep children safe and strengthen families in our communities. Experience a sense of achievement for a job well done and enjoy work/life balance! We offer great health benefits and retirement plans, generous paid time off, and a balanced work schedule to afford quality time spent with your family. Click here (https://dhrm.utah.gov/why-utah/benefits/) for a listing of the State of Utah's great benefits.
Examples of Duties
- Investigating reports of abuse, exploitation, and/or neglect; assessing risks, strengths, barriers and determining appropriate actions governing a client's situation.
- Writing and implementing child and family service plans.
- Coordinating and referring services to children and families offered by community resources, placement providers, collateral agencies, the courts, and community partners.
- Presiding over visits between parents and children, monitoring behavior, reporting observational notes and concerns to appropriate professional/clinical staff, and updating case files.
- Conducting in-home visits and performing field investigations.
- Testifying in court or hearings regarding actions, findings, procedures, and protocols.
- Preparing detailed case documentation that includes intake records, investigation summaries, risk assessment social summaries, needs assessments, service plans, case history, and activity logs.
In order to apply follow this link and click the green “APPLY” button: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/utah/jobs/4004491/caseworker-i-social-service-worker-dcfs-wasatch-front-cache-tooele-counties
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- West Valley City (1)
- Spanish Fork (1)
- Masters (4)
- AMFT (2)
- MFT (2)
- CSW (3)
- LCSW (6)
- ACMHC (3)
- CMHC (4)
- U of U Campus (2)
- Bachelors (3)
- Kaysville (1)
- Children (1)
- Young Adults (1)
- Salt Lake City (5)
- Outreach (1)
- Fundraising (1)
- Events (1)
- Trauma (2)
- LMFT (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (2)
- Survivors (2)
- Rhode Island (1)
- PhD (1)
- Orem (1)
- Sexual Violence (2)
- Interpersonal Violence (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- Tooele (1)
- Aging (1)
- SSW (1)
- Provo (1)
- Ogden (1)
- Youth (1)