Who we are?
At Youth Services we provide 24/7 support, shelter and immediate safety to families, youth, and children in crisis. We deliver compassionate, client-centric care during moments of emergency, and we seek committed, creative and team player individuals willing to embrace youth at risk during a decisive moment in their lives. For more information click here https://slco.org/youth/
What it is like to work here
At Youth Services, we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our clients and our colleagues and coworkers.
Surround yourself with highly motivated and passionate peers who care about making a significant contribution when life is in turmoil. The work is stimulating and can be challenging, we try to provide a work environment that provides plenty of opportunities to learn, have fun, and collaborate in making the difference and in supporting one another.
This work is for you if...
You care about people and want to make a difference. if you'd like to impact positively in the world and be a leader if you'd to bring hope in times of despair.
Do not apply if you are not willing to be Remarkable. You'll need more than just skills to succeed at Youth Services at Salt Lake County--you'll need passion: to love your work, our clients, and to deliver beyond expectation
We are hiring for multiple Full Time and Part time Youth Worker positions with all shifts available.
What we offer
- Tuition reimbursement
- Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness
- An additional two weeks of paid leave that starts on day 1
- Meaningful career in Human Services
- Career development opportunities
- Health Lifestyle-Wellness program -- cash incentive up to $250.00 annually
Provides direction to youth; participates with youth in recreational and educational activities and provides general information as necessary. Monitors youth; supervises daily chores and meal preparation; and provides crisis intervention to youth. Orients youth to agency policies, programs, and expectations. Performs shelter and crisis intakes.
Associate degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or other closely related field; OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience working with youth in a counseling and /or group home setting that is equivalent to two (2) years of full-time experience.
Must pass a mandatory drug test before starting in this position. Must pass a required background. Must have a valid driver's license.
- Provides ongoing structured, stable, and interactive environment for children and youth.
- Addresses children's daily physical and emotional needs.
- Provides appropriate supervision based on child's safety needs.
- Completes case recording documentation and all pertinent information in individual client's records as per agency policy.
- Assists with daily living and hygiene needs.
- Maintains professional demeanor, complies with agency policies and procedures, maintains Pledge of Confidentiality, and adheres to Providers Code of Conduct.
- Checks youth belongings and remove unsafe or illegal materials.
- Provides a safe, clean, and fair environment by engaging and monitoring youth to promote cooperation and compliance.
- Attends to potentially dangerous situations including facility and equipment damage.
We offer a full range of health benefits as well as cash wellness incentives, a very robust retirement benefit and great work/life balance! For more information, please click here SLCO Benefits.
For more information or to apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1210501&d=External&rb=???&r=5000854686706#/.
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Salt Lake City (22)
- Bachelors (5)
- MA (1)
- MS (1)
- LCSW (7)
- CMHC (3)
- LMFT (3)
- Box Elder County (1)
- Brigham City (1)
- Violence Prevention (1)
- Survivors (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- CSW (4)
- LMHC (1)
- Masters (4)
- Doctorate (2)
- AMFT (2)
- ACMHC (2)
- Riverton (2)
- Salt Lake (1)
- SSW (1)
- Older Adults (1)
- U of U Campus (14)
- Bi-Lingual preferred (1)
- Salt Lake County (2)
- Young Adults (2)
- Homelessness (2)
- College of Social Work (8)
- UCJC (2)
- Criminal Justice (2)
- Women's Services (1)
- C-MIIND (5)
- Substance Use Disorder (3)
- Medical Social Work (4)
- Medical Social Work. Substance Use Disorder (1)
- SRI (1)
- Taylorsville (1)
- Orem (1)
- Heber (1)
- Interpersonal Violence (1)
- Suicide (1)