The Utah Office for Victims of Crime is seeking a Reparation Officer to support the agency in providing financial compensation for victims of crime. The Reparation Officer acts as aninformation resource and contact person for victims and their families. The Reparation Officer reviews applications for possible reparations, reviews police reports andsupporting documentation. In addition the Reparation Officer:
- follows Statute and Rule in regards to claim management and determination of payment eligibility.
- may represent UOVC or provide presentations to civic, industry and special interestgroups.
provides special assistance to the Victim Compensation Board as needed.
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- 2+ years of work experience with victim services
- Bachelor's degree in social science field or criminal justice or equivalent work experience
- Receives, researches and responds to incoming questions or complaints; providesinformation, explains policy and procedures, and/or facilitates a resolution.
- Provides clients with information concerning rights, options, benefits, services, goals andexpectations.
- Conducts interviews to gather or clarify information.
- Acts as a facilitator in problem solving situations; provides information to those seekingassistance and suggests alternatives/solutions and assists others in solving problems.
- Interprets, clarifies, explains and applies agency policy and procedures, businesspractices, federal or state laws and regulations, etc.
- Reviews applications and supporting documentation.
- Determine claim and payment eligibility.
- Writes or drafts correspondence, reports, documents and/or other written materials.
For more information or to apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/utah
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.