Deputy Director of Housing
Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for The Road Home’s new Deputy Director of Housing. The Road Home has a rich history of furthering their important mission of helping people step out of homelessness and back into their community! The Road Home assists individuals and families with children experiencing homelessness in Salt Lake County and along the Wasatch Front. The agency has been providing emergency shelter services since 1988 and housing services since 1995. The organization strives to help people move seamlessly from the cold streets into warm housing, from despair and alienation toward home and inclusion. They envision a community that recognizes the inherent dignity of those who live in poverty and homelessness. The Road Home works tirelessly with all their community partners to realize this vision.
The Road Home seeks a Deputy Director of Housing with a deep commitment to the mission of The Road Home. The Deputy Director of Housing will oversee a diverse portfolio of housing departments, including Housing Navigation, Supportive Housing Services, and Property Management. This dynamic position includes strategic visioning, program management, the development of deep community partnerships, and a commitment to social justice through addressing the housing needs of those experiencing homelessness in Salt Lake County.
• Provide supervision, coaching, and strategic direction to the Director of Housing Navigation, Director of Supportive Housing Services, the Property Management Division, and the Housing Clinical Director.
• Coordinate closely with the administrative team to ensure that housing programs are in line with federal and state goals to make homelessness rare, brief, and non- recurring.
• Work in close partnership with internal and external stakeholders to create new and innovative programming.
• Connect with internal departments, such as Accounting, Development, Quality Assurance, and HR, to monitor program funding, oversee budgets, and ensure that staff are well supported.
• Unite with community partners and funders to ensure housing programs are coordinated, streamlined, and adequately funded.
• Act a champion and advocate for Housing First, including the development of a diverse array of deeply affordable, permanent housing programs and units in Salt Lake County.
• Engage in innovation, creative thinking, high-level problem solving, change management, and the implementation of best practices.
• Take the lead on initiatives that benefit SL County’s homeless services system.
• 5+ years of homeless services experience, including working with diverse, vulnerable populations.
• 5+ years of supervisory and program management expertise.
• Master’s degree and LCSW preferred but not required.
• Ability to work from a Trauma-Informed Care framework.
• Excellent writing and documentation skills.
• Must be a proactive team member and leader that participates in teamwork with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide, diverse array of people, including community partners.
• Adept at exercising tact and diplomacy.
• Self-starter and self-directed. Trustworthy and transparent.
• Ability to accept direction from supervisor and deliver superior results.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong computer proficiencies.
• Deep understanding of the Housing First philosophy.
• Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to diverse populations.
• Ability to contribute to the agency’s commitment to enhancing awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and cultural heritages.
• Selected employee will undergo a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
• Ability to lift 15 pounds and drive a vehicle.
Compensation and Benefits: This exciting opportunity offers the ability to make a significant impact as a leader with The Road Home! In addition to a competitive base salary, this incredible role provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical insurance, a 403(b) plan, tuition reimbursement, as well as professional training and development opportunities. Vacation (with accrual based on tenure) and sick time are also offered in addition to 12 paid holidays per year and many other perks. This is a role and mission that will inspire you daily!
Applications and Nominations:
The Road Home has engaged the services of Scion Executive Search, a national executive search firm specializing in mission-driven organization recruitment, to assist in conducting
this important search. For immediate consideration please apply with your resume and cover letter, in Microsoft Word, via: https://www.scionstaffing.com/job/8794/.
Please Address Applications to:
Elizabeth Crimmins, Senior National Executive Search Principal
Scion Executive Search
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made.
About Our Firm:
Scion Executive Search is a national award-winning executive search firm! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing hundreds of exceptional leaders to organizations with incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruitment solutions, we seamlessly bridge the gap in interim and executive searches. Our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in the nation.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Executive Search Firms and the Best Recruitment Firms in America. Additionally, we have been recognized as a recruitment leader by ClearlyRated, as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times for over ten years running. More information about Scion Executive Search can be found at www.scionexecutivesearch.com.
Scion Executive Search, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Executive Search proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us.
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Masters (11)
- LCSW (26)
- Homelessness (2)
- CSW (24)
- CMHC (15)
- AMHC (1)
- LMFT (14)
- Salt Lake City (10)
- Utah County (2)
- MSW (3)
- Supervision Available (7)
- Virginia (1)
- Ogden (2)
- LCMHC (3)
- LPC (2)
- ACMHC (10)
- Training (1)
- Utah (1)
- Idaho (1)
- California (1)
- Oregon (1)
- CSWI (1)
- St. George (3)
- Youth (4)
- Girls (1)
- Men's Services (1)
- Outdoors (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (5)
- Young Adults (1)
- Bachelors (2)
- PhD (2)
- SUDC (2)
- Park City (3)
- School Social Worker (1)
- AMFT (3)
- Bi-Lingual preferred (1)
- Refugee Services (1)
- Millcreek (1)
- MFT (5)
- School Social Work (2)
- Substance Use Disorder (8)
- Brigham City (2)
- Northern Utah (1)
- Murray (3)
- Cedar City (1)
- Washington County (1)
- Magna (1)
- LMHC (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (3)
- Salt Lake (1)
- Provo (1)
- Sandy (1)
- Heber City (1)
- ACHMC (1)
- Tooele (1)
- South Jordan (2)
- Layton (1)
- Survivors (1)
- Children (2)
- Bountiful (1)
- Medical Social Worker (1)
- SSW (2)
- Familiy (1)
- Mount Pleasant (1)
- Refugee Service (1)
- LACMHC (1)
- LAMFT (1)
- Taylorsville (1)
- Prison (1)
- U of U Campus (1)
- Medical Social Work (1)
- Older Adults (1)
- ASUDC (1)