Bi-Lingual Spanish Therapist
Peace House is a charitable organization dedicated to ending interpersonal violence, including sexual assault and abuse, in the community through education, outreach, support services and shelter. To fulfill our mission, Peace House offers specific services to all our clients, including Safe Housing, Supportive Services, and Prevention Education. Peace House is located in Park City, UT. Peace House is an equal opportunity employer.
Peace House offers clinical services to all its clients, including individual and group therapy, mental health assessments, crisis counseling, and referrals to qualified mental health clinicians in the community. The bi-lingual Spanish therapist will provide clinical services to the children and adults staying within the shelter and in the outpatient programs.
• Provide initial mental health/trauma assessments that identify needs.
• Share assessment findings with clients and/or their guardian, as appropriate
• Involve the client and/or guardian in the development of treatment plan and goals based off the assessment.
• Provide individual therapy services to adults and children.
• Provide coordinated care by initiating and participating in client-centered consultation with other internal staff members (i.e., case manager, therapist etc.).
• Assist in establishing effective communication between Peace House and other social service agencies to ensure a smooth hand-off once a referral is required.
• Facilitate/Co-facilitate therapy group, as needed.
• Document all clinical sessions (individual and group) with progress notes in compliance with Peace House’s clinical documentation standards.
• Facilitate trauma-focused substance use treatment groups and individual treatment.
STANDARDS FOR CLINICAL PRACTICE
• To utilize evidence-based interventions and clinical techniques and to participate in continuing education to stay abreast of current and new practices.
• To utilize trauma-informed approaches whenever possible.
• To maintain confidential client records in compliance with state and federal guidelines and in accordance with contractual obligations with DHS and DCFS.
• To develop an understanding of the service providers commonly sourced by victims of domestic violence, particularly mental health agencies that may serve as referrals.
• Promote high ethical and professional standards in all relationships and activities.
• Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with agency staff, other key agencies, and any other organizations and individuals important to the success of the agency’s work.
• Attend training sessions for professional development in coordination with the Clinical Director.
All therapists will collaborate with the following staff to ensure continuity of care, facilitate improved client outcomes and strive toward agency excellence. The Therapist will encourage, facilitate, and support those collaborations.
• Clinical Director, Director of Residential Services, Shelter Manager and Director of Program Operations - to implement evidence-informed practices and trauma informed care within Peace House programs
• Case Managers - to understand and work toward client objectives, identify barriers and strengths, and optimize the client time in shelter
• Advocates - to provide support in their client services
• Therapist participation in weekly staffing meetings and clinical staffing meetings is required
• Therapist is expected to participate in a trauma-informed manner and come prepared to all staffing meetings
• Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with agency staff and any other organizations, individuals and community partners important to the success of Peace House’s work.
• Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Follow state and federal laws on victim confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned by Clinical Director.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
• Bi-Lingual Spanish required
• Master’s level mental health degree and current license in the state of Utah
• Clinical experience working in a social service environment with diverse client populations, including adults and children.
• Additional clinical experience working with child and adult victims of trauma, chronic abuse and/or domestic violence, and chronic mental health issues.
• Experience and competency in using evidence-based interventions and clinical techniques.
• Ability to facilitate groups.
• Passionate about making a real and lasting change in the lives of adults and children.
• Creative, enthusiastic and flexible—open to change and learning.
• Collaborative team player.
• Computer literacy and ability to utilize or learn a database.
• Able to pass a background check as required for state licensing.
• Current First Aid and CPR or ability to become certified upon employment.
• Substance use treatment experience or ability to receive training within the first year of employment.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
PAY AND BENEFITS
Salary Range: $58,000 – $69,254.85 per year DOE Signing Bonus: Depending on license type: $2,500 for CSW or $5,000 for LCSW, split at 60 days and 12 months.
• Health, Dental and Vision insurance
• 10 Holidays and Accrued paid time off
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• IRA 3% Match
• Travel and Housing Allowance - $150 per month
WORK LOCATION: Park City, UT
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Occasional lifting, carrying and hauling of supplies 20 pounds and less. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential function.
Interested candidates please submit both a resume and a cover letter indicating your experience and skills relative to the job description.
Peace House is an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Peace House is an advocate for diversity and equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression. We believe that providing a work environment based on respect, trust, and collaboration creates an exceptional employee experience where employees can bring their whole selves to work and thrive in their careers.
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Masters (11)
- LCSW (26)
- Homelessness (2)
- CSW (24)
- CMHC (15)
- AMHC (1)
- LMFT (14)
- Salt Lake City (10)
- Utah County (2)
- MSW (3)
- Supervision Available (7)
- Virginia (1)
- Ogden (2)
- LCMHC (3)
- LPC (2)
- ACMHC (10)
- Training (1)
- Utah (1)
- Idaho (1)
- California (1)
- Oregon (1)
- CSWI (1)
- St. George (3)
- Youth (4)
- Girls (1)
- Men's Services (1)
- Outdoors (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (5)
- Young Adults (1)
- Bachelors (2)
- PhD (2)
- SUDC (2)
- Park City (3)
- School Social Worker (1)
- AMFT (3)
- Bi-Lingual preferred (1)
- Refugee Services (1)
- Millcreek (1)
- MFT (5)
- School Social Work (2)
- Substance Use Disorder (8)
- Brigham City (2)
- Northern Utah (1)
- Murray (3)
- Cedar City (1)
- Washington County (1)
- Magna (1)
- LMHC (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (3)
- Salt Lake (1)
- Provo (1)
- Sandy (1)
- Heber City (1)
- ACHMC (1)
- Tooele (1)
- South Jordan (2)
- Layton (1)
- Survivors (1)
- Children (2)
- Bountiful (1)
- Medical Social Worker (1)
- SSW (2)
- Familiy (1)
- Mount Pleasant (1)
- Refugee Service (1)
- LACMHC (1)
- LAMFT (1)
- Taylorsville (1)
- Prison (1)
- U of U Campus (1)
- Medical Social Work (1)
- Older Adults (1)
- ASUDC (1)