McKinney-Vento Outreach Coordinator
As a McKinney-Vento Outreach Coordinator you will be assigned to support all students
experiencing homelessness within a high school network. The main goal for this position
is to mitigate the effects of homelessness on students’ education through advocacy
and strengthening the partnership between schools, families, and the community.
Attendance and physical presence are required and is an essential function of this position.
- Facilitate a warm and welcoming environment for all McKinney-Vento students and families.
- Build positive relationships with the community, parents, students, teachers, staff, administrators, and co-workers.
- Work with Community Partners
- Assist families with registration
- First line of contact for schools within assigned network who have questions about services for students and families experiencing homelessness
- Travel to different schools within assigned network to meet with students experiencing homelessness to ensure they are attending school and have everything they need to be successful in school
- Submit supplies requests on behalf of students and families
- Collaborate with McKinney-Vento team on students and families needing extra assistance
- Attend case staffing meetings and professional development meetings
- Attend Student Support Team Meetings and Multi-tiered Systems of Support Meetings within assigned networks
- Attend IEP meetings for students experiencing homelessness
- Successfully complete all required documentation on daily tasks and interactions with students and families
- Assist with training schools on how to best serve students and families experiencing homelessness
- Other duties as assigned*
*This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an employee assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of education, knowledge, and experience requirements; the machines, tools and equipment used; background; and any licenses or certifications required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
For more information or to apply, visit https://www.applitrack.com/graniteschools/onlineapp/default.aspx?AppliTrackPostingSearch=location:%22FAMILY+%26+COMMUNITY+ENGAGEMENT%22.
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Salt Lake City (14)
- U of U Campus (3)
- Medical Social Work (3)
- LCSW (4)
- LMFT (2)
- LPC (2)
- PsyD (1)
- Supervision Available (1)
- Masters (2)
- Substance Use Disorder (1)
- Homelessness (6)
- Bachelors (3)
- CSW (3)
- School Social Worker (1)
- Granite School District (1)
- CMHC (1)
- LCPC (1)
- LPCC (1)
- LMHC (1)
- SSW (1)
- Student Veterans (1)
- Veterans (1)