Kaimana Intervention Therapist
● Study the Kaimana Intervention curriculum all the way through at least once, then
become familiar with each lesson ahead of time at least one week prior to the lesson.
● Discuss upcoming lesson outlines with the Kaimana Intervention Therapist
Co-facilitator(s) and Cultural Consultant(s) prior to the time group is held. Please schedule set times ahead of time.
● Facilitate the group discussions and questions during the sessions (and the Process Groups if being held).
● Oversee and guide the assigned Kaimana Intervention Therapist Co-facilitator(s) including how they oversee and guide the Kaimana Intervention Cultural Consultant(s) in Training (Observers)
Must have a history of working with diverse populations
● Must be open to cultural responsivity and practice respect among all diverse cultures.
● Must have completed and earned at least one of the following licenses- CSW, LCSW, CMHC, LPC, LCPC, LPCC, LMHC, Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Psychiatrist, LMFT
● Must pass current BCI
● Must adhere to NASW VALUES and NASW CODE OF ETHICS
● Must have a current and active DOPL (Division of Occupational & Professional Licensing) license in your respective state
● Must work well as a team with the Kaimana Cultural Consultant and the members of the group professionally.
● Therapists must observe at least 1 full group OR attend 1 full training and miss no more than 1 session of observing/training in order to be certified. Must complete and turn in homework from the 1 session missed.
● While running groups in practice, no sessions are to be missed (In case of an emergency, consider rescheduling the next group meeting).
● Must pass the Kaimana Certification Exam (88% or above, see NOTE below):
- Multiple choice
- Fill in the blank/can miss up to 2 questions and understand the errors in a discussion with a fellow Kaimana Intervention Therapist, or retake it again after one week’s time
● Must be familiar with the homework and its instructions and benefits
NOTE: See the Kaimana Intervention Website: https://kaimanaintervention.com/ for further details regarding the certification exam for Kaimana Intervention Therapist and Kaimana Intervention Cultural Consultant.
For more information please contact Soa at email@example.com
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Salt Lake City (14)
- U of U Campus (3)
- Medical Social Work (3)
- LCSW (4)
- LMFT (2)
- LPC (2)
- PsyD (1)
- Supervision Available (1)
- Masters (2)
- Substance Use Disorder (1)
- Homelessness (6)
- Bachelors (3)
- CSW (3)
- School Social Worker (1)
- Granite School District (1)
- CMHC (1)
- LCPC (1)
- LPCC (1)
- LMHC (1)
- SSW (1)
- Student Veterans (1)
- Veterans (1)