Housing Case Manager,
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Geraldine E. King Women's Resource Center exists to meet the distinctive needs of women who are experiencing homelessness by providing shelter, case management, life skills training, and connection to community services and resources. Housing Case Managers provide consistent, individualized, and thorough housing case management services to clients, with the end goal of clients transitioning from the Resource Center to safe and stable housing quickly and efficiently.
The center recognizes and meets the needs of those at risk and homeless populations including: single women; domestic violence victims; individuals with behavioral health disorders; individuals who are medically frail/terminally ill [and/or] those exiting prison or jail. All activities are undertaken with the ultimate goal of assisting all clients in obtaining housing.
- Assist clients in developing goals/service plan that will help them overcome homelessness, identify and address barriers to housing.
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical case review to ensure appropriate case/service planning and referral of clients to the most appropriate service provider.
- Provide direct, Trauma Informed Care case management services to clients, including crisis intervention, outreach, ongoing assessments (i.e. VI-SPDAT, SPDAT, Lethality Assessment etc.), goal setting, creative problem solving, agency and community resource utilization, and network building.
- Identify priority needs, (i.e. pregnant, IV/IM drug user, dual diagnosis, and other medical conditions) and coordinate services as needed.
- Attend weekly staff/clinical staffing meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Assist in resolving conflicts utilizing de-escalation skills and trauma informed practices. Also provides immediate and professional response to any security /safety emergency or disturbance within or immediately outside facility following appropriate policies and procedures.
- Keep records, case management notes, and statistical data as required and participate in research and/or special projects as needed.
- Evaluate own performance to increase effectiveness as a Housing Case Manager.
- Use agency vehicles to provide transportation.
- Familiarity with Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing and Housing First philosophies and willingness to incorporate them in your daily work.
- A degree in the field of social services and two years’ experience working in the social services field preferred.
- Must be able to qualify and pass Utah Department of Human Services Case Management Certification within 60 days of being hired.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, confidentiality regulations, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Ability to utilize Trauma Informed practices to act and make sound decisions within the scope of position responsibilities as well as reach out for supervision for major situations.
- Willingness to accept supervision and direction.
- Ability to move around the facility and interact with clients for extended periods.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Pass Utah DHS - Office of Licensing background screening for those working with vulnerable populations.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Employee referral program including paid time off and cash bonuses
Submit resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
For more information or to apply, visit https://employment.voaut.org/x/detail/a2yrlj0posuj/aaas
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- CSW (6)
- LCSW (6)
- ACMHC (2)
- CMHC (2)
- LMFT (3)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (3)
- Children (4)
- Youth (5)
- Weber County (1)
- Davis County (1)
- LPCC (1)
- APRN (1)
- Supervision Available (3)
- Murray (1)
- SSW (1)
- LPN (1)
- Medical Social Work (2)
- Clearfield (1)
- South Salt Lake (1)
- Ogden (1)
- Masters (9)
- South Jordan (1)
- LCMHC (1)
- MFT (1)
- Clinical Psychologist (1)
- U of U Campus (6)
- Salt Lake City (9)
- Bachelors (2)
- Women's Services (2)
- College of Social Work (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- AMFT (1)
- Bi-Lingual preferred (1)
- North Salt Lake City (1)
- Homelessness (1)
- Lehi (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)
- Substance Use (1)