Available shifts include: Full and part time shifts available - full-time employees
Pay rate: $16/hr for swing and grave shift hours, $15/hr for day shift. ($14.50 to start, $15.00 per hour upon completion of training)
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. Opportunities for advancement are available.
The Geraldine E. King Women's Resource Center exists to meet the distinctive needs of women who are experiencing homelessness by providing shelter, case management, life skills training, and connection to community services and resources with the ultimate goal of assisting all clients in obtaining safe and stable housing. Housing Advocates provide front line support to clients and assist clients with daily activities such as mail access, transport, property storage, program orientation, client check-ins, security screening, and more. Housing Advocates get to work with clients who are homeless including: single women, domestic violence victims; individuals with behavioral health and/or substance use disorders, those who are medically frail, and/or those exiting prison or jail. Housing Advocates work as a team toward the shared goal of helping every resident obtain housing.
- Provide quality customer service to clients accessing shelter and deliver services with safety, respect and effectiveness.
- Provide clear and specific information to clients regarding expectations, program activities and schedule during their orientation and ongoing as needed.
- Assist in resolving conflicts utilizing de-escalation skills and trauma informed practices. Provide immediate and professional response to any security /safety emergency or disturbance within or immediately outside facility following appropriate policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe facility, identifying and addressing special needs and/or referring needs to supervisor.
- Utilize a trauma informed approach when managing difficult client behaviors.
- Answer phones, greet clients, volunteers, donors, and other visitors in a friendly and professional manner and provide assistance as needed.
- Ensure that all paperwork related to client and program activities is in accordance with licensing and contract requirements, properly completed, managed confidentially, and stored appropriately.
- Use agency vehicles to complete errands and to provide safe transportation for clients when necessary.
- Familiarity with Trauma Informed Care and Housing First philosophies helpful and willingness to incorporate them in your daily work.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism and empathy.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and other software such as client information databases.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, confidentiality regulations, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Willingness to accept supervision and direction.
- Ability to move around the facility, interacting with clients for extended periods.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Pass Utah DHS - Office of Licensing background screening for those working with vulnerable populations.
- Strong written and verbal skills in the English language. Bilingual English-Spanish preferred.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Employee referral program with paid time off and cash bonuses
Submit resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
For more information or to apply, visit https://employment.voaut.org/x/detail/a2yrlj02sn8e/aaas
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- CSW (6)
- LCSW (6)
- ACMHC (2)
- CMHC (2)
- LMFT (3)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (3)
- Children (4)
- Youth (5)
- Weber County (1)
- Davis County (1)
- LPCC (1)
- APRN (1)
- Supervision Available (3)
- Murray (1)
- SSW (1)
- LPN (1)
- Medical Social Work (2)
- Clearfield (1)
- South Salt Lake (1)
- Ogden (1)
- Masters (9)
- South Jordan (1)
- LCMHC (1)
- MFT (1)
- Clinical Psychologist (1)
- U of U Campus (6)
- Salt Lake City (9)
- Bachelors (2)
- Women's Services (2)
- College of Social Work (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- AMFT (1)
- Bi-Lingual preferred (1)
- North Salt Lake City (1)
- Homelessness (1)
- Lehi (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)
- Substance Use (1)