School Social Worker
Entheos Academy is a Service Learning, Expeditionary Learning charter school with
2, K-8 campuses located on the west side of the Salt Lake Valley. Entheos's experiential
and collaborative approach to education stand out among others due to our unique:
SERVICE LEARNING FOCUS
PARTNERSHIPS WITH UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY AND 4H
As an Entheos employee you can expect:
- Competitive pay.
- Great benefits, including excellent medical and dental insurance, 401K, and free mental health support for employees and family members.
- Opportunities to participate in off-campus, fully funded professional development conferences and institutes.
- Opportunities for additional compensation through teaching evening classes and summer school at Entheos with partner organizations.
We are seeking a full time School Social Worker who will work across both campuses, to join our Crew immediately! This individual will be responsible for providing targeted school-based mental health support, including clinical services and trauma-informed care. Duties will include:
* Providing lessons to classes of students on coping strategies for mental health
* Working with the school multi-disciplinary teams to identify at-risk students.
* Establishing a process for teachers/administrators to refer students for clinical mental health interventions at school.
* Delivering school-based, evidenced-based clinical mental health interventions to at risk students.
* Understand and become fully committed to the Entheos Charter, Mission, and Values.
* Intentionally build a school culture that evidences high expectations for service, excellence, and leadership.
* Model a commitment to on-going professional development by participating fully in off-site conferences, institutes, summits, regional programming, and Expeditionary Learning trainings.
* Motivate, effectively manage, and inspire students.
* Model effective instructional practices.
* Align the use of time, talents, and material to the school's mission.
A valid Social Worker/ Counselor license or certification.
A professional license through DOPL is preferred.
In addition, we value:
- Innovation, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- A commitment to high expectations for self, students and staff members.
- A commitment to frequent communication with families and community.
- A ready willingness to examine and alter less successful practices.
- Ready and able to work creatively and collaboratively with faculty to plan and problem solve.
- A desire to model and teach an attitude of service.
- Spanish speaking is an asset but not a requirement.
- Ability to navigate different kinds of terrain on fieldwork such as steps, mountain paths, and uneven ground.
- Ability to walk at least a mile while on fieldwork with students.
- Ability to kneel, stand, sit, for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to endure climate conditions such as heat, cold, wind, rain, snow experienced at recess or on fieldwork.
- Ability to move quickly/run in case of student emergencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- working with children in an educational setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Worker/ Counselor/ Therapist license (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
For more information or to apply, visit https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=school+mental+health+professional&jk=65ceed192596705b&_ga=2.257580110.49577701.1643642318-2099527014.1643642318.
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Provo (1)
- Children (2)
- Youth (4)
- South Jordan (2)
- LCSW (7)
- CSW (6)
- CMHC (4)
- ACMHC (5)
- SUDC (2)
- ASUDC (2)
- Ogden (1)
- LMFT (1)
- LCMHC (1)
- Salt Lake City (8)
- Masters (4)
- RN (1)
- LPN (1)
- Bachelors (1)
- West Jordan (1)
- AMFT (2)
- MFT (1)
- Refugee Services (1)
- Bi-Lingual preferred (1)
- Family (1)
- Medical Social Work (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (2)
- U of U Campus (1)
- Kearns (1)
- Magna (1)
- Supervision Available (1)