Schedule: Various shifts, 32-40 hours per week - Some full-time, benefits eligible positions
Pay: $13.50 per hour, $14.00 per hour at 3 months with the completion of training. +$1 per hour shift differential is available for Swing and Grave shifts.
Full-time benefits: low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth) with a Health Savings Account, low cost dental and vision coverage, $50,000 employer-provided life insurance coverage, paid holidays, vacation, sick time, and retirement plan with employer match
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. Our recovery assistants perform rewarding social service work at the Center for Women and Children (CWC) in Murray, a social model detoxification facility that provides a safe place to stay for women withdrawing from alcohol or drugs. During their stay women will have the opportunity to meet with a case manager to discuss their eligibility for substance abuse treatment, as well as get connected to other needed resources. Recovery Assistants interact with female clients and their children (up to age 10). Clients at the CWC receive 3 meals a day, access to an outdoor area, and are able to attend supportive programming activities, including recovery-focused support groups and working in our onsite garden.
- Conduct intake interviews with clients who are intoxicated or in withdrawal from substance use.
- Screen clients for admission; intake and orientation.
- Interact with clients who are in the detox process.
- Monitor clients to ensure safety and enforce facility rules.
- Complete record keeping and answer phones.
- Work together and support coworkers.
- Monitor and document client prescription medications.
- Take vital signs.
- Work with and support co-workers.
- Ability to be firm, yet compassionate.
- High School diploma/GED, Associates Degree (social services, psychology, criminal justice) and one year of work experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Basic computer skills.
- Familiarity/knowledge of substance abuse strongly preferred
- Grounded in your own recovery if applicable
- Valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information or to apply, visit https://employment.voaut.org/x/detail/a2yrlj0jbpxf/aaas.
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.