Outreach Housing Case Manager
Homeless Outreach Case Manager
Schedule: Full Time - 40 hrs/week - Benefits Eligible!
Pay Rate: $17/hour
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable
individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness
in our Wasatch Front communities.
This position will provide consistent, individualized, and thorough case management services to formerly homeless clients in a time-limited scattered site housing model.
- Assist clients with housing searches and property management engagement.
- Provide case management services to clients to help them maintain housing and address other needs.
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical case reviews in order to ensure appropriate case planning and referral of clients to the most appropriate service provider.
- Develop and/or maintain client case file, as directed.
- Complete all client progress notes as outlined in the training module on Progress Notes.
- Develop positive relationship with referral resources.
- Work with clients and other community partners to move clients toward housing stability.
- Assess client needs utilizing appropriate agency-approved assessment tools.
- Attend work on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis.
A Bachelor’s degree OR any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- One year case management experience.
- Valid Utah driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Work effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people.
- Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Exhibits clear communications skills and cooperates with others.
- Takes action and makes decisions within the scope of position responsibilities.
- Considers alternatives and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Remain calm and responds appropriately in crises.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Apply on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information or to apply, visit https://employment.voaut.org/x/detail/a2yrlj0gghcd/aaas.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.