Rapid Re-Housing Case Manager
The Road Home, provider of emergency shelter, housing, and services for people experiencing homelessness, is accepting resumes for the position of Rapid Rehousing Case Manager. The Rapid Rehousing Case Manager will support homeless individuals and families as they move out of homelessness and stabilize in housing.
The objective of this position is to provide Housing First and client driven case management services to formerly homeless individuals. This will be a short-term rental assistance program, with case management designed to help clients become self-sufficient and able to pay rent on their own at the end of the program. Above all else Case Managers seek to assist clients in achieving stability in housing by connecting them with the resources they need to achieve their personal goals.
Reports toRapid Re-Housing Supervisor
Monday- Friday, 40 hrs
$18.00/hr to start
- Provide outreach services to program participants in their homes, emergency shelter, and other locations.
- Provide direct case management, including crisis intervention, assessments, goal setting, problem-solving, agency and community resource utilization, and network building.
- Work with partner agencies and provide referrals and linkages with community resources.
- Attend regular meetings, including clinical staffing.
- Keep records, case management notes and statistical data and participate in research and/or special projects.
- Access participant barriers to self-sufficiency and develop problem-solving skills with participants.
- Set and track case management objectives and goals.
- Connect clients with resources, including Social Security, Medicaid, DWS, Vocational Rehab, etc.
- Use agency vehicles to provide transportation for clients.
- Other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Experience working with diverse and vulnerable populations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, or related field
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals with mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Knowledge of homeless populations and housing opportunities preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
1. Adhere to and believe in the mission and vision of The Road Home.
2. Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
3. Be dependable and reliable.
4. Possess excellent organizational skills and good judgment.
5. Possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
7. Ability and willingness to accept direction from Supervisor.
8. Able to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism, compassion and from a Trauma-Informed Care perspective.
9. Ability to work independently and use sound judgment within the Trauma-Informed framework to make decisions.
10. Understanding of the Housing First philosophy, and willingness to have conversations with clients about housing.
11. Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to diverse populations. Ability to contribute to the agency’s commitment to enhancing awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and cultural heritages.
12. Have good driving record and be insurable to drive agency vehicles.
13. Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Physical and Equipment Requirements
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for at least an hour at a time.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information or to apply, visit https://apply.workable.com/theroadhome/j/3C6FCE2CA7/.
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Layton (2)
- Masters (9)
- LAC (2)
- LPC (2)
- LMFT (5)
- LCSW (8)
- Youth (10)
- Girls (3)
- PhD (1)
- Bi-Lingual (1)
- Salt Lake City (9)
- Refugee (1)
- South Jordan (3)
- Supervision Available (3)
- Salt Lake (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (3)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (2)
- Davis County (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)
- Morgan County (1)
- Weber County (1)
- LCMNC (1)
- Children (4)
- Bachelors (5)
- SSW (1)
- CSW (5)
- CMHC (4)
- ACHMC (1)
- Boys (1)
- MFT (1)
- PC (1)
- Huntsville (1)
- Homelessness (3)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- ACMHC (1)
- U of U Campus (4)
- MSW (1)
- Provo (1)
- Murray (2)
- Family (1)
- AMHC (1)
- West Jordan (1)
- College of Social Work (1)
- St. George (1)
- Kaysville (1)