Family Support Center is a long-standing pillar in the community providing services for families. The clinical department provides therapy to children, adults and families. A successful candidate will join a team of therapists working together to build resiliency in our clients after trauma. Preference for candidate with desire and experience working with children. Preference for Spanish speaking therapist.
Position Title: Therapist
Position Description: Provide direct psychotherapy using trauma informed cognitive behavioral therapy and other modalities. Preference and pay dependent on experience and skill level.
Shelli Mecham, LCSW
Hours: Part-time: minimum 10 client hours per week. Full-time: 20 client hours per week. Pay commensurate with experience and skill level.
Flexible hours Monday – Thursday (We work 4 10-hour days to accommodate client’s who need appointments after school/work.)
Location of Work:
1760 West 4805 South
Taylorsville, Utah 84129
MSW or Equivalent Degree
CSW or equivalent licensure
20+ Years of Age
Department of Human Services Background Check (Finger Prints Required)
CPR & First Aid Certification (To Take Once Hired)
TB Test (To Take Once Hired)
- Perform individual and family sessions with children and adults.
- Perform assessments, develop diagnosis, treatment plans and maintain all required documentation.
- Maintain clinical records and statistical measurements as determined by Clinical Director.
- Participate in staff meetings and in-service training programs as required.
- Adhere to all standards, ethics, and professional practice established by the clinician’s professional discipline.
- Maintain state licensure requirements and provide all updated licenses and training/CEU documentation to the Clinical Director and Human Resources.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Committed to the mission of the Family Support Center
- Ability to maintain detailed records and confidential information
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English (Preferred)
- Basic technical skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Engage in play therapy with younger clients
- Provide a therapeutic alliance with clients
Training in agency culture and processes will take place with the Clinical Director during the first week of the start date and along the way. Start date is dependent on background check clearance.
As a local nonprofit, the Family Support Center relies on its staff to help deliver the agency mission of protecting children, strengthening families, and preventing child abuse in a trauma informed manner. We provide affordable mental health services to insured and uninsured clients.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (6)
- Supervision Available (2)
- CSW (20)
- Homelessness (11)
- Salt Lake City (24)
- Men's Services (1)
- Bachelors (9)
- Family (7)
- Children (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- LCSW (19)
- ACMHC (11)
- CMHC (6)
- LMFT (9)
- Masters preferred (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (2)
- U of U Campus (3)
- College of Social Work (1)
- Millcreek (1)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (9)
- Utah (1)
- Taylorsville (1)
- Masters (6)
- American Fork (1)
- Murray (1)
- Provo (2)
- Medical Social Work (3)
- Riverton (2)
- LCMHC (8)
- APRN (1)
- Sandy (1)
- Heber City (1)
- MFTI (8)
- MFT (2)
- ACHMC (1)
- South Salt Lake City (2)
- MSW (1)
- LPC (1)
- Utah County (1)
- St. George (1)
- SUDC (1)
- Kaysville (1)
- AMFT (1)