Therapist - Criminal Justice Program
Odyssey House is seeking a Full Time Licensed Therapists for our Criminal Justice Program located in the Oxbow Jail. This position is located inside the jail facilities and involves work with individuals in incarceration.
Odyssey House's Mission is "Empowering people to heal and build better lives" and we are dedicated to helping individuals and families reclaim their lives through effective substance abuse treatment, prevention, and mental health services.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience
Odyssey Provides the Following Benefits to Full Time Employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Incredible health insurance
- 5% employer retirement contribution
- Long and short term disability
- 31 paid days off per year
- Student loan forgiveness eligibility
- $9k per year tuition eligibility
- Ongoing education
- Casual atmosphere and dress
- Monthly incentives and awards
- Raises and advancement opportunities
- Work at a well established, growing, and highly respected community agency
Functions of the Job:
- Work in an incarceration/prison setting and with populations inside the jail system.
- Maintain healthy boundaries with inmates and sworn staff of the Salt Lake County Jail.
- Appropriately diagnose mental health and substance-related conditions using the DSM V
- Appropriately assess client needs using the American Society of Addiction Medicine Patient Placement Criteria.
- Utilize the Therapeutic Community model as the main component of treatment.
- Conduct individual, family, and group therapy as assigned.
- Develop effective level of rapport with clients on caseload while maintaining healthy boundaries.
- Complete thorough and effective assessments, such as funding extension requests, in required timeframes.
- Coordinate client psychiatric evaluations and other wrap-around services to provide effective care.
- Complete treatment planning within required timeframe.
- Utilize motivational techniques to retain and support client progress.
- Actively utilize the treatment team for clinical support on caseload.
- Participate in extracurricular activities with clients.
- Connect clients to community resources.
- Complete service documentation within the appropriate client management system within 24 hours.
- Accurately document services using ASAM Dimensional Analysis format, including all required elements.
- Proactively involve and communicate with collateral supports, including family, significant others, probation officers, judges, caseworkers, and others
- Document all incidents immediately and report as required.
- Complete accurate and thorough client reports, such as court reports, in required timeframes
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensure / Education / Skills / Prior Experience Required:
- Licensed Mental Health Professional, including: CSW, LCSW, ACMHC, LCMHC, MFTI. If working with children or vulnerable adult population, must pass a criminal background check.
- Graduate degree in mental health field.
- First Aid and CPR Certification (provided at Odyssey House).
- Must comply with annual TB tests and COVID-19 tests and immunization as well as annual influenza vaccinations.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen (for federally illegal substances) and be willing to undergo drug screenings as a condition of employment.
- Must meet employment eligibility.
- Willingness and ability to pass a criminal background check from the SALT LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
- Willingness to work with an incarcerated population
- Passion for Community Service and helping others to realize their own potential.
- Communication Skills to problem solve directly with clients and other staff.
- Reliability to fill their support staff shifts and deliver on position responsibilities.
- Self-Starter qualities to independently address issues and needs in our organization community.
- Teachable - Willingness to learn and grow in their position.
All employees of Odyssey House are required to adhere to: Odyssey House mission, philosophy and scope of service; Division of Human Services Code of Conduct and all other relevant service contract requirement standards; ensuring a safe environment for all clients and staff; providing exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers; fostering a positive work environment; ensuring high quality client care within the scope of assigned position.
Each employee is expected to clearly understand roles and responsibilities regarding the following: Specific job position, time management, personnel file requirements, client record system, incident reporting, mandatory training requirements, maintaining proper client boundaries, individual rights of clients and staff.
Physical Demands of the Job: Ability to lift up to 15 lbs, driving (or adequate alternate transportation), sitting for prolonged periods, light to moderate physical activity at times. Able to passively restrain residents without likely injury to self due to existing medical condition.
For more information or to apply, visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/468187/Odyssey-House-Inc/Therapist---Criminal-Justice-Program
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (6)
- Supervision Available (2)
- CSW (20)
- Homelessness (11)
- Salt Lake City (24)
- Men's Services (1)
- Bachelors (9)
- Family (7)
- Children (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- LCSW (19)
- ACMHC (11)
- CMHC (6)
- LMFT (9)
- Masters preferred (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (2)
- U of U Campus (3)
- College of Social Work (1)
- Millcreek (1)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (9)
- Utah (1)
- Taylorsville (1)
- Masters (6)
- American Fork (1)
- Murray (1)
- Provo (2)
- Medical Social Work (3)
- Riverton (2)
- LCMHC (8)
- APRN (1)
- Sandy (1)
- Heber City (1)
- MFTI (8)
- MFT (2)
- ACHMC (1)
- South Salt Lake City (2)
- MSW (1)
- LPC (1)
- Utah County (1)
- St. George (1)
- SUDC (1)
- Kaysville (1)
- AMFT (1)