Rocky Mountain Care Home Health and Hospice is seeking a Social Worker experienced in home health and hospice to join our amazing team and provide social work services for our patients in Salt Lake area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assesses psycho-social status of client and social and emotional factors related to the client’s illness, need for care, and response to treatment.
- Provides direct social casework services to clients and families including assisting with goal setting, counseling, and planning and providing interventions.
- Advises agency personnel, clients, and families of appropriate community resources, their eligibility criteria, and regulations.
- Participates in the development and periodic renewal of the client’s plan of care.
- Observes and reports to the case manager, the response of the client to treatment and changes in his condition.
- Maintains verbal and/or written communication with other personnel involved with care of the client.
- Maintains appropriate and timely client care records including observations, treatments, client response to treatment, and changes in client’s condition.
- Attends and participates in appropriate client care conferences, staff meetings, and agency committee meetings.
- Thorough knowledge of social work principles and methods.
- Knowledge of individuals and group behavior and ways of working effectively with adults, children, and families who have social, economic, emotional, or health problems.
- Ability to exercise independent professional judgment in complex situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and families, staff members, outside agencies and institutions, and the general public.
- Valid Utah LCSW license (will accept CSW if LCSW is in progress & supervision can be arraigned)
- Can act independently but must also recognize that a team provides care for each patient and is willing to be a contributing team player
- Prior home health and hospice experience preferred
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from patient homes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Job Types: Full-time
For more information or to apply, contact Mark Dale, LCSW, Mark.Dale@rmcare.com, 801-397-4166.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (6)
- Supervision Available (2)
- CSW (20)
- Homelessness (11)
- Salt Lake City (24)
- Men's Services (1)
- Bachelors (9)
- Family (7)
- Children (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- LCSW (19)
- ACMHC (11)
- CMHC (6)
- LMFT (9)
- Masters preferred (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (2)
- U of U Campus (3)
- College of Social Work (1)
- Millcreek (1)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (9)
- Utah (1)
- Taylorsville (1)
- Masters (6)
- American Fork (1)
- Murray (1)
- Provo (2)
- Medical Social Work (3)
- Riverton (2)
- LCMHC (8)
- APRN (1)
- Sandy (1)
- Heber City (1)
- MFTI (8)
- MFT (2)
- ACHMC (1)
- South Salt Lake City (2)
- MSW (1)
- LPC (1)
- Utah County (1)
- St. George (1)
- SUDC (1)
- Kaysville (1)
- AMFT (1)