Promise South Salt Lake Center Coordinator I
Under the direction of the Promise Deputy Director, the Promise Coordinator I manages
the entire operation of
the assigned center's out-of-school time program. The Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and
coordination of program and staff while ensuring high-quality programming and interaction with youth and their
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Manage the entire operation of the assigned center's programming
● Plan and implement high-quality programming using Promise Planning Procedures and National Afterschool models
● Ensure daily activities that incorporate a balance of academics, prevention, and enrichment
● Utilize evidence-based curriculum and best practices for delivering high-quality programming
● Train and oversee Program Managers, Afterschool Specialists, Family Liaisons, program partners, and volunteers
● Outreach to young people, parents, educators, and community leaders to recruit participants
● Responsible for the overall safety, order, and check-in/check-out of youth participants and staff
● Address behavior needs in the assigned center using appropriate behavior management techniques, problem solving skills, and an understanding of youth development
● Assure alignment of curriculums and activities with Promise goals and grant requirements
● Adhere to program quality standards outlined in the Utah Afterschool Network Quality Tool
2. Establish professional relationships with partner organizations
● Create new partnerships to enhance Center programming
● Collaborate through local youth development leadership groups
● Develop a relationship with various partners including school principals, city departments, United Way of Salt Lake staff, and collaborate on programs and activities such as Parent Teacher Conferences, parent engagement activities, and city/community events
3. Manage center-specific grants
● Follow Promise policies and procedures to meet the term of grants
● Assure daily reporting requirements are met through Social Solutions Efforts to Outcomes (ETO)
● Responsible for accuracy and security of records
● Ensure proper utilization and reporting of allocated budgets
● Complete mid-year and annual grant reports
4. Plan and implement summer and interim programs collaboratively with other Promise
5. Coordinate with the Family and Community Engagement team to conduct home visits as necessary and other outreach to the community
6. Participate in Promise SSL Councils and Committees (Education, Health, Arts, Neighborhood, Jobs and Economy, Safety, Housing, Interfaith, and Equity) and supervise City events as assigned.
7. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
4 years of relevant experience which may include Associates or Bachelors Degree in a related field and/or experience in social change work, afterschool management, and/or education.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Experience working with youth. Skills and techniques used in an afterschool program setting.
2. Evidence of commitment to the mission of Promise South Salt Lake including youth leadership, youth development, social justice action, and racial equity and inclusion.
3. Proven track record of working with youth from underrepresented or under-resourced populations.
4. Excellent organizational skills and project management experience.
5. Ability to self-start, learn new skills, and work independently.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, participants, and the general public.
7. Skills in professional office settings, competence in all common computer software including Microsoft Office suite.
8. Ability to be trained in First Aid and CPR
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met or will be encountered by an employee while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, and moderately loud when in the field. Unconventional working hours may be required, including evening and overnight work during in- and out-of-state meets (center-specific).
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of the specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
SALARY: Grant funded - $35,000 per year plus full benefits
CLOSING DATE: May 7, 2021
CITY APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED.
The application is available on the city website at www.sslc.com.
CITY OF SOUTH SALT LAKE, 220 E MORRIS AVE, 2ND FLOOR, SOUTH SALT LAKE, UT 84115
FINAL APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT TO AND PASS A DRUG SCREEN AND BACKGROUND CHECK EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THIS ORGANIZATION USES E-VERIFY
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (6)
- Supervision Available (2)
- CSW (20)
- Homelessness (11)
- Salt Lake City (24)
- Men's Services (1)
- Bachelors (9)
- Family (7)
- Children (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- LCSW (19)
- ACMHC (11)
- CMHC (6)
- LMFT (9)
- Masters preferred (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (2)
- U of U Campus (3)
- College of Social Work (1)
- Millcreek (1)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (9)
- Utah (1)
- Taylorsville (1)
- Masters (6)
- American Fork (1)
- Murray (1)
- Provo (2)
- Medical Social Work (3)
- Riverton (2)
- LCMHC (8)
- APRN (1)
- Sandy (1)
- Heber City (1)
- MFTI (8)
- MFT (2)
- ACHMC (1)
- South Salt Lake City (2)
- MSW (1)
- LPC (1)
- Utah County (1)
- St. George (1)
- SUDC (1)
- Kaysville (1)
- AMFT (1)