Mental Health / Behavioral Health Therapist
Odyssey House is seeking Licensed Mental Health Therapists!
Odyssey House is seeking Licensed Mental Health Therapists (Behavioral Health Therapist) for our expanded and new services. Positions available are full and part time; day, evening and weekend shifts; available work locations are Taylorsville, Sugarhouse, and Downtown Salt Lake City; services are outpatient, intensive outpatient, residential adult, adolescent, and parent programs. We offer a wide array of therapeutic settings that will fit your lifestyle, skills, and interests. We also offer flexible work hours (four 10 hour days for example) for full time positions. We are providing sign on bonuses for successful candidates.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience
Odyssey Provides the Following Benefits for Mental Health Therapists
• Competitive Pay
• Incredible health insurance
• 5% employer retirement contribution
• Long and short term disability
• 31 paid days off per year
• Student loan forgiveness eligibility
• $9k per year tuition eligibility
• Ongoing education
• Casual atmosphere and dress
• Monthly incentives and awards
• Raises and advancement opportunities
• Work at a well established, growing, and highly respected community agency
• Appropriately diagnose mental health and substance-related conditions using the DSM V.
• Appropriately assess client needs using ASAM Patient Placement Criteria.
• Conduct individual, family, and group therapy as assigned.
• Develop effective level of rapport with clients on caseload while maintaining healthy boundaries.
• Complete thorough and effective assessments in required time frames.
• Coordinate client psychiatric evaluations and other wrap-around services to provide effective care.
• Utilize motivational techniques to retain and support client progress.
• Actively utilize the treatment team for clinical support on caseload.
• Participate in extracurricular activities with clients.
• Connect clients to community resources.
• Proactively involve and communicate with collateral supports, including family, significant others, probation officers, judges, caseworkers, and others.
• Document all incidents immediately and report as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Licensure / Education / Prior Experience Required:
Licensed Mental Health Therapist/Professional, including: CSW, LCSW, ACMHC, LCMHC, MFTI, MFT. If working with children or vulnerable adult population, must pass a criminal background check. First Aid and CPR Certification. Graduate degree in mental health field.
Must comply with annual TB tests and Flu immunization.
Pass pre-employment drug screen (testing for federally illegal substances) and be willing to undergo drug screenings as a condition of employment.
Must meet employment eligibility.
- Passion for Community Service and helping others to realize their own potential.
- Communication Skills to problem solve directly with clients and other staff.
- Reliability to fill their support staff shifts and deliver on position responsibilities.
- Self-Starter qualities to independently address issues and needs in our organization community.
- Teachable - Willingness to learn and grow in their position.
All employees of Odyssey House are required to adhere to: Odyssey House mission, philosophy and scope of service; Division of Human Services Code of Conduct and all other relevant service contract requirement standards; ensuring a safe environment for all clients and staff; providing exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers; fostering a positive work environment; ensuring high quality client care within the scope of assigned position.
Each employee is expected to clearly understand roles and responsibilities regarding the following: Specific job position, time management, personnel file requirements, client record system, incident reporting, mandatory training requirements, maintaining proper client boundaries, individual rights of clients and staff.
Physical Demands of the Job: Ability to lift up to 15 lbs, driving (or adequate alternate transportation), sitting for prolonged periods, light to moderate physical activity at times. Able to passively restrain residents without likely injury to self due to existing medical condition.
-Key Words: CSW, LCSW, ACMHC, LCMHC, MFTI, MFT, Clinical Therapist, Mental Health Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapists, Associate. Licensed therapist, licensed clinical social worker, mental health therapist, behavioral health therapist, mental health counselor
For more information or to apply, visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/356112/Odyssey-House-Inc/Mental-Health-Behavioral-Health-Therapist
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (6)
- Supervision Available (2)
- CSW (20)
- Homelessness (11)
- Salt Lake City (24)
- Men's Services (1)
- Bachelors (9)
- Family (7)
- Children (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- LCSW (19)
- ACMHC (11)
- CMHC (6)
- LMFT (9)
- Masters preferred (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (2)
- U of U Campus (3)
- College of Social Work (1)
- Millcreek (1)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (9)
- Utah (1)
- Taylorsville (1)
- Masters (6)
- American Fork (1)
- Murray (1)
- Provo (2)
- Medical Social Work (3)
- Riverton (2)
- LCMHC (8)
- APRN (1)
- Sandy (1)
- Heber City (1)
- MFTI (8)
- MFT (2)
- ACHMC (1)
- South Salt Lake City (2)
- MSW (1)
- LPC (1)
- Utah County (1)
- St. George (1)
- SUDC (1)
- Kaysville (1)
- AMFT (1)