FAST Team Lead
The Road Home seeks employees that have a deep commitment to the mission of serving adults and families that are experiencing homelessness.
The FAST Team Lead will support the day-to-day operations of the Family Assistance
and Support Team (FAST), a collaborative team that provides case management and behavioral
health services using the Critical Time Intervention model to families moving out
of homelessness. The Team Lead plays a critical role in this intensive case management
program by providing daily supervision of staff and helping with grant reporting and
community partner relationships that are integral to this program. The Team Lead will
also maintain a reduced caseload of clients participating in the FAST
1. Provide support to team members by staffing client issues and serving as additional support when client visits require multiple staff.
2. Provide direct supervision to other case managers on the team including holding one on one supervisory meetings and monitoring and providing direction concerning objectives and goals of the team. Assist in training new case management staff.
3. Provide input and actively support establishing and implementing team processes and procedures.
4. Serve as a liaison between the team and other departments within The Road Home, the University of Utah research team who evaluates the program, program consultants and other interested partner agencies.
5. Pay attention to mainstream resources for participating clients including Social Security, Medicaid, DWS, Vocational Rehab, etc. Collaborate with mainstream service agencies to ensure the program participants have access to these resources.
6. Attend meetings and provide continuity among departments and partner agencies with which clients often interface.
7. Communicate regularly with the Housing Supervisor and Clinical Director.
8. Foster team cohesion and collaboration among and within the FAST teams while empowering staff to function independently.
9. Maintain a caseload of clients, providing direct case management which includes crisis intervention, assessments, goal setting, problem solving, agency and community resources utilization, and network building. This will include moving clients from homelessness into housing and also providing support to teammates who are doing the same.
10. Provide outreach services to client homes, shelter, and other locations
11. Keep records, case management notes and statistical data and participate in research and/or special projects.
12. Attend regular meetings, including clinical staffing.
13. Use agency vehicles to provide transportation for guests.
14. Other duties as assigned.
15. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Education and Experience
Experience working with diverse and vulnerable populations.
Knowledge of homeless populations and housing opportunities preferred.
Knowledge and experience working with individuals with mental illness and substance use disorders preferred.
Minimum of one year of case management experience.
Supervisory and administrative experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required, from an accredited college or university, preferably in social work, psychology or related field.
Required Skills and Abilities
1. Adhere to and believe in the mission and vision of The Road Home.
2. Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
3. Be dependable and reliable.
4. Ability to accept direction from Supervisor.
5. Possess excellent organizational skills and strong computer skills.
6. Self-starter and self-directed.
7. Able to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism, and compassion.
8. Must be comfortable in a leadership capacity.
9. Ability to work from a Trauma-Informed Care framework.
10. Familiarity with the Housing First philosophy.
11. Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to diverse populations. Ability to contribute to the agency’s commitment to enhancing awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and cultural heritages.
12. Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Physical and Equipment Requirements
Ability to lift 25 pounds
Ability to stand and walk for at least an hour at a time
Ability and license to drive a vehicle
Instructions to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com and include the job title FAST Team Lead in the subject line.
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information on this and other positions at The Road Home, visit https://theroadhome.org/careers-positions/.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (6)
- Supervision Available (2)
- CSW (20)
- Homelessness (11)
- Salt Lake City (24)
- Men's Services (1)
- Bachelors (9)
- Family (7)
- Children (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- LCSW (19)
- ACMHC (11)
- CMHC (6)
- LMFT (9)
- Masters preferred (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (2)
- U of U Campus (3)
- College of Social Work (1)
- Millcreek (1)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (9)
- Utah (1)
- Taylorsville (1)
- Masters (6)
- American Fork (1)
- Murray (1)
- Provo (2)
- Medical Social Work (3)
- Riverton (2)
- LCMHC (8)
- APRN (1)
- Sandy (1)
- Heber City (1)
- MFTI (8)
- MFT (2)
- ACHMC (1)
- South Salt Lake City (2)
- MSW (1)
- LPC (1)
- Utah County (1)
- St. George (1)
- SUDC (1)
- Kaysville (1)
- AMFT (1)