Mental Health Therapist
Gentle Guardians Counseling is looking for a partially-licensed therapist to join our dedicated, growing private practice. We provide outpatient mental health services to children, parents, and families who seek support in addressing trauma, grief and loss, parental stress, anxiety, depression, and behavioral concerns. This position is part-time, with the potential to build to full-time hours. Compensation is competitive and based on applicant experience and on an hourly, billable rate. We are hoping to hire a passionate, flexible, and collaborative therapist who is organized and can manage their own schedule.
• Current CSW State of Utah license
• Experience providing therapy to children, teens, and adults
• Individual therapy 15-30 hours weekly
• Possible evening and weekend times.
• Attend and support supervision and team meetings
• In-person and telehealth sessions
• Strong computer, written, and communication skills
• Critical decision making/problem solving skills
• Knowledge of DSM-5 diagnoses
• Have training in EMDR, TF-CBT, DBT, and/or ACT is a plus
• Must pass a background check upon hiring
• Uphold NASW Code of Ethics
• Perform intake evaluations, formulate client diagnoses, develop treatment plan.
• Provide individual, family, couples, and/or group therapy services.
• Establish positive and trusting relationships with clients to foster effective therapeutic process.
• Maintain accurate and timely charting of documentation of all clients on caseload.
• Effectively manage time and prioritize tasks.
• Manage crises and safety issues that arise with clients.
• Support professional environment and agency reputation.
• Work well with others as a team player.
• Follow state and agency COVID-19 precautions.
Interested applicants can email their cover letter, resume, and references to Sheila Jacobson Long, LCSW at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- CSW (10)
- Sandy (1)
- Bachelors (4)
- Youth (3)
- Families (1)
- LCSW (8)
- ACMHC (4)
- CMHC (6)
- SSW (2)
- Salt Lake City (4)
- U of U Campus (1)
- Homelessness (3)
- Men's Services (1)
- Murray (3)
- Lehi (2)
- Supervision Available (2)
- Riverton (2)
- PsyD (1)
- LCMHC (1)
- MFT (1)
- LMFT (4)
- Bluffdale (1)
- South Jordan (2)
- Aging Services (1)
- Cedar City (1)
- Midvale (1)
- Masters (3)
- Crisis Counselor Certification (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (2)
- Sexual Violence (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)
- Utah (2)
- Kaysville (1)
- PLMFT (1)