Mental Health Counselor
Title: Mental Health Counselor
Job Summary: Utah AIDS Foundation, through client-driven services, champions sexual health and overall well-being for those living with or at risk for HIV and other STIs. The mental health counselor will work with people living with HIV to improve their emotional and mental health, and sometimes substance use disorders, and address the long-term trauma many people affected by HIV may be experiencing.
1. Conduct intakes and monitor individual and group therapies.
2. Provide various outpatient mental health services with the goal of improving client mental health.
3. Provide mental health assessments, counseling, referrals, and intervention services.
4. Develop service plans and conduct reviews as needed throughout the duration of treatment.
5. Work with clients to identify situations, behaviors, and thoughts that interfere with their wellness and recovery.
6. Work with clients to set goals, develop a treatment plan, and gain insight through treatment.
7. Examine social issues that may influence a client’s mental wellbeing including aging, LGBTQI+ issues, self-image, depression, anger management, stress and suicide.
8. Complete and maintain documentation according to federal and state guidelines.
9. Assess and diagnose clients experiencing symptoms of psychological distress
10. Provide psychotherapy to clients.
11. Refer clients to psychologists and other services as needed.
12. Take a holistic approach to mental health care.
13. Attend meetings as requested by the Programming Director such as staff meetings, departmental meetings, and other meetings as appropriate.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work
2. Utah State CSW or LCSW licensure
3. General Liability & Cyber Liability Insurance
4. Familiarity of word processing, data entry and computer communications required.
5. Ability to relate positively and sensitively to persons diverse in lifestyle, age, ethnicity, beliefs, socio-economic level, sexual orientation, and health status
6. Bi-Lingual in Spanish desirable
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Compensation: $25 - $33 per hour, part time, weekly CSW supervision & consultation included
Closing Date: July 2nd, 2021
How to Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to Ahmer Afroz, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Salt Lake City (9)
- Masters (6)
- Utah (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (5)
- Draper (1)
- CSW (6)
- LCSW (6)
- CMHC (3)
- LMFT (3)
- Children (3)
- Youth (4)
- Family (2)
- ACMHC (1)
- South Salt Lake City (1)
- Bachelors (6)
- Associates (1)
- Utah Department of Corrections (1)
- LCT (1)
- MFT (1)
- Wyoming (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)
- U of U Campus (1)
- MSW (1)
- Ogden (1)
- LPC (1)
- Murray (1)
- Group (1)
- Supervision Available (1)