Licensed Clinical Therapist
Do you want to work together with a team of professionals who are equally as dedicated to improving the lives of patients?
Position may be filled as a Caseworker III or a Social Worker upon the qualification of the applicant. The Caseworker III shall be Licensed as Associate Clinical Mental Health Counselor, Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, or a Certified Social Worker. The pay range for a Caseworker III is $23.24 - $31.41.
*Note: If this position is filled as a Caseworker III or a Social Worker the selected candidate shall obtain full licensure as a Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist or Clinical Mental Health Counselor within thirty (30) months from date of hire.
- The candidate will gain knowledge and understanding of the process and system within the department.
- The candidate will be able to use independent judgment and discretion in diagnosing and formulating clinical treatment plans for clients.
- Performing a variety of professional tasks related to developing, implementing, and conducting specialized individual and group psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
- The candidate will understand and conduct clinical assessments, document client progress, compile case histories, and prepare other related reports, negotiate, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate service contracts, participate in research, training, and supervisory programs.
- Hold a Licensure as a Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Clinical Mental Health Counselor.
- Speak and Write effectively.
- Have knowledge of psychological or mental health, and social factors that may contribute to the client's situation.
- Have understanding of how to use case histories of client's/residents to further understand client population.
- Have knowledge of human behavior and performance, individual differences in ability, personality, and interests.
- Have knowledge and experience with a diverse population.
- Have the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Have knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunction.
- Have the ability to evaluate the ongoing needs of the client, build treatment plans and monitor progress.
The Utah Department of Corrections as a dedicated team of professionals ensures public safety by effectively managing offenders while maintaining close collaboration with partner agencies and the community. Our team is devoted to providing maximum opportunities for offenders to make lasting changes through accountability, treatment, education, and positive reinforcement within a safe environment.
For additional information about the Utah Department of Corrections please go to this link. http://www.corrections.utah.gov/
Example of Duties
- Conducts individual, family, or group therapy sessions in accordance with the established treatment plan and provides crisis intervention if necessary.
- Delivers presentations, stand up training, and/or instruction to staff, management, clients, and/or the general public.
- Writes or drafts correspondence, reports, documents, and/or other written materials.
- Refers client/inmate/patient to other available services to meet needs where appropriate.
- Organizes and conducts surveys and/or studies.
- Consults with physician and/or other health professionals as needed to ensure holistic approach and coordination of care and case management.
- Develops and implements treatment plans to help clients mobilize inner capacities and resources to improve social functioning.
- Prepares psychological or mental health assessments by obtaining background information such as physical, psychological or mental health, and social factors which contribute to the client's situation, and by studying case histories of clients/residents.
- Facilitates the use of research data to improve existing programs and utilization of resources.
- Acts as an expert witness. Gives testimony and/or recommendations in court cases and/or hearings.
- Provides case management to include evaluating the needs of clients, developing and implementing treatment plans, and monitoring progress.
(includes knowledge, skills, and abilities required upon entry into position and trainable after entry into position)
- Case management software systems.
- Provide consultation and/or expert advice and/or testimony.
- Court/hearing, rules, records, procedures, and protocol.
- Use non-violent crisis intervention techniques.
- Perform group and/or client therapeutic assessments.
- Assess physical, mental, social, and/or economic needs.
- Provide psychological assessment and counseling.
- Human behavior and performance, mental processes, psychological research, and/or assessment methods, and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Research methods, techniques, and/or sources of information.
- Apply social work and/or mental health assessment and counseling techniques.
- Information and techniques needed to rehabilitate physical and mental ailments and to provide career guidance including alternative treatments, rehabilitation equipment and its proper use, and methods to evaluate treatment effectiveness.
- Develop individualized treatment plans.
- Compose and produce reports, documents, and related material.
- Evaluate information against a set of standards.
- Deliver presentations or training using acceptable methods and techniques.
- Communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing.
- Survey methodology and related tools.
- Refer inquiries to appropriate staff, agencies, and/or organizations.
- Speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally.
- Agency and community resources and services.
- Observe details at close range and at a distance.
- Observe physical conditions, behavior or surroundings for potential areas of concern or inappropriate activity.
- Hear sounds that may indicate potential areas of concern or inappropriate activity.
- Licensure as a Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Clinical Mental Health Counselor required.
- This position is NOT public safety certified and does not require peace officer status or certification.
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- Salary ranges specified reflect a minimum starting and top of range dollar amount. Actual rate per hour will be determined by evaluation of qualifications and skills of the individual and the availability of monies through budget and grants or by following DHRM rule.
- All questions must be answered fully and in the format requested, if applicable. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. Entering "see resume" as an answer will be considered an incomplete answer. Cutting and pasting pertinent information from your resume is acceptable, but should be edited to be a precise answer to the question.
- Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Salary will be based on the Career Ladder for current UDC employees.
- NOTE: Department of Human Resource Management rules regarding promotions and transfers apply to current state employees.
For more information or to apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/utah?keywords=Atherton
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Salt Lake City (9)
- Masters (6)
- Utah (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (5)
- Draper (1)
- CSW (6)
- LCSW (6)
- CMHC (3)
- LMFT (3)
- Children (3)
- Youth (4)
- Family (2)
- ACMHC (1)
- South Salt Lake City (1)
- Bachelors (6)
- Associates (1)
- Utah Department of Corrections (1)
- LCT (1)
- MFT (1)
- Wyoming (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)
- U of U Campus (1)
- MSW (1)
- Ogden (1)
- LPC (1)
- Murray (1)
- Group (1)
- Supervision Available (1)