Title: Case Manager
Job Summary: Utah AIDS Foundation, through client-driven services, champions sexual health and overall well-being for those living with or at risk for HIV and other STIs. The candidate will conduct activities of case management of People Living with HIV/AIDS and their families.
1. Conduct intake interviews with potential clients to assess needs and development of an appropriate service plan.
a. Clarify problem recognition, treatment goals, and session objectives.
b. Assess acuity of case management service needs.
c. Obtain and document client information on appropriate forms.
d. Secure client signature on consent to release information forms from physicians, mental health agencies, and other referral agencies.
e. Inform clients of agency philosophy, policies, services and restrictions.
f. Consult with clients on service needs and access.
g. Collect baseline evaluation data.
h. Document assessment interview and collateral contacts pertinent to the development of a service plan which addresses the needs of clients.
2. Provide initial case management services to ensure adequate support for clients.
a. Refer client to necessary agencies for housing, emergency financial assistance, utilities, medical, nutritional, dental, optical, legal needs, discrimination representation, mental health services, and other services in order to provide further assistance with daily living needs.
b. Determine need for client financial, legal, medical, mental health needs by providing accurate information/referral.
c. Provide consultation and referral to clients, partners, and family members as appropriate to facilitate service delivery.
d. Contact agencies on behalf of clients when appropriate to ensure improved access to services.
e. Follow-up with clients and providers regarding referrals and access to services.
f. Document all interactions with client and collateral contracts on client’s behalf.
3. Follow client case management processes and reassess on a regular basis.
a. Record progress notes regarding client, family, couple sessions using the guidelines of UAF and grant requirements.
b. Regularly assess acuity and need for case management service.
c. Discharge clients with appropriate referrals based on stability and assessment of need.
d. Compute and submit weekly activity reports and monthly billing sheets.
e. Complete regular case reviews on selected clients using forms and guidelines developed by UAF.
f. Conduct evaluations in order to determine client satisfaction and to modify services.
g. Collect and submit evaluation data and quarterly report data.
4. Attend meetings as requested by the Programming Director such as staff meetings, departmental meetings, and other meetings as appropriate.
5. Facilitate support group for people living with HIV.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Willingness to quickly and efficiently adapt in a variety of situations.
2. Demonstrate strong experience and skills in innovation and flexibility.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed.
5. Proficient with Microsoft and Google Suites.
1. Bachelor’s degree in social work, health promotion, or related field required.
2. One year case management experience required.
3. Ability to relate positively and sensitively to persons diverse in lifestyle, age, ethnicity, beliefs, socio-economic level, sexual orientation, and health status.
4. Must have reliable transportation for travel to client’s homes and other statewide travel.
5. Bi-Lingual in Spanish desirable.
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Compensation: $20-$23 per hour DOE, Benefits
Closing Date: July 2nd, 2021
How to Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to Ahmer Afroz, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Salt Lake City (9)
- Masters (6)
- Utah (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (5)
- Draper (1)
- CSW (6)
- LCSW (6)
- CMHC (3)
- LMFT (3)
- Children (3)
- Youth (4)
- Family (2)
- ACMHC (1)
- South Salt Lake City (1)
- Bachelors (6)
- Associates (1)
- Utah Department of Corrections (1)
- LCT (1)
- MFT (1)
- Wyoming (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)
- U of U Campus (1)
- MSW (1)
- Ogden (1)
- LPC (1)
- Murray (1)
- Group (1)
- Supervision Available (1)