Behavioral Health Care Coordinator
Under the direct supervision of the Urban Indian Center of Salt Lake (UICSL) Behavioral Health (BH) Department, Program Director, the Behavioral Health Care Coordinator functions as support staff for Red Mesa Behavioral Health and is responsible for the intake and coordination of clients and the organization of client data in a high-quality, efficient, and cost-effective manner. The incumbent will demonstrate specific and cultural sensitivity toward UICSL clients. All duties will be done in accordance with federal and state regulations that may apply.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meets with potential behavioral health program clients to complete screening of substance use, mental health or other relevant symptoms.
• Performs review of client screening materials requiring the use of independent judgment to complete program intake.
• Sets assessment appointments for potential behavioral health clients and ensures timely communication with clinical staff regarding appointments in agency scheduling package.
• Facilitates in-house consultations with other agency programs and referrals to other community resources.
• Manages patient cases to address the client and community members’ needs and ensures timely communication with programs or agencies that clients are referred to.
• Conducts screening of client mental health crises and completes appropriate in-house or community referrals.
• Co-facilitates behavioral health groups when needed.
• Oversees file management of all client charts, including transition to electronic health record (EHR).
• Assists with collection of client data for quarterly and annual program funding reporting.
• Adheres to strict boundaries and professional ethics in the care of others.
• Completes assignments accurately, in a timely manner.
• Organizes own work, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and following up on assignments with minimal direction.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of the organization’s departmental procedures.
• Provides basic health education, including health promotion and disease prevention (HP/DP) education.
• Performs duties as assigned by BH Program Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of behavioral health terminology.
• Knowledge of and a demonstrated respect for AI/AN history, values, customs, and practices.
• Knowledge of confidentiality requirements related to agency and behavioral health program.
• Strong customer service, active listening and case management skills.
• Ability to work independently and on multiple deadlines.
• Ability to pass state background check for agency licensing.
Position Description: Behavioral Health Administrative Care Coordinator 07/2020
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team setting.
• Demonstrated ability to handle the occasional stressful and problematic situation.
• Excellent interpersonal/professional skills, i.e., ability to respectfully interact with people.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and knowledge of database software (RPMS).
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor degree in social science field (Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, etc.) preferred.
• Experience working in behavioral health or social service setting.
• Knowledge of and a genuine respect for American Indian/Alaska Native values, customs, and practices.
• Must have valid Utah driver’s license or ability to obtain upon hire and clean driving record with ability to be insured on UICSL auto policy.
• Must have a clean criminal background report.
• Must have a current immunization record.
Note: All positions at the Urban Indian Center of Salt Lake have the responsibility to carry out functions to maintain inspection and survey readiness, participate in Quality Improvement initiatives, as well as assist in and/or provide education for health promotion and disease prevention. UICSL supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal and caregiver background checks, UICSL maintains a drug & smoke-free environment.
This is a general outline of the essential functions of this position and shall not be construed as an all-inclusive description of all work requirements and responsibilities. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the designated work leader(s). All requirements are subject to change over time.
Employment at the Urban Indian Center of Salt Lake (UICSL) is on an at-will basis, which means that your employment may be terminated by you or UICSL at any time, for any reason or for no reason, with or without notice, and without any procedure or formality. The at-will nature of your employment is not affected by any of the guidelines of this Job Description and cannot be modified by any oral promise from any supervisor or by any other writing unless duly executed by the employee and the Chair of the Board of Directors. UICSL reserves the right to change, replace, withdraw or deviate from any of the guidelines contained in this Job Description without prior notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability
or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
arrest record, pregnancy or pregnancy-related related conditions, age (40 and over),
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Indian hiring preference may apply to some positions (as defined in Title XXV, US Code Sections 44-46, 42 U.S.C. (2000e-2 li) and 474.) For the purposes of the Urban Indian Center of Salt Lake, Indian Preference Policy, “Indian” shall mean “any member or descendant of a member of a federally-recognized tribe.” Applicants must meet the established minimum qualifications in order for Indian preference to apply. Candidates will be required to furnish documentary evidence of their qualifications for Indian preference.
JOB TITLE: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CARE COORDINATOR
SALARY GRADE: $16.00-$20.00/HR (depending upon credentials & experience)
APPOINTMENT: FULL-TIME (NON-EXEMPT)
SCHEDULE: M-F 8:30 AM-5:00 PM (occasional weekend and evening)
This jobs board is provided as a courtesy to our social work community. All job postings are the responsibility of the posting entity. Prospective applicants should do their due diligence in confirming/investigating any posted job opportunity. The University of Utah is not responsible for the content of, nor any resulting employment arrangements resulting from, job postings from outside entities.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Salt Lake City (9)
- Masters (6)
- Utah (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (5)
- Draper (1)
- CSW (6)
- LCSW (6)
- CMHC (3)
- LMFT (3)
- Children (3)
- Youth (4)
- Family (2)
- ACMHC (1)
- South Salt Lake City (1)
- Bachelors (6)
- Associates (1)
- Utah Department of Corrections (1)
- LCT (1)
- MFT (1)
- Wyoming (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)
- U of U Campus (1)
- MSW (1)
- Ogden (1)
- LPC (1)
- Murray (1)
- Group (1)
- Supervision Available (1)