The mission of the Rape Recovery Center is to empower those victimized by sexual violence through advocacy, crisis intervention, and therapy and to educate the community about the cause, impact, and prevention of sexual violence. Our philosophy is that every person victimized by sexual violence is treated with dignity and respect and is empowered to work toward recovery. ($19.50 per hour)
The Prevention Specialist will work directly with refugee and new American men and boys to implement allyship and leadership training working towards sexual violence prevention and empowerment. The Prevention Specialist will ensure that all training, workshops, special events, and public advertisements are prevention-focused, evidence-based. Applicants from historically marginalized and underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
- Work to decrease risk factors and increase protective factors for men and boys who are part of the Refugee and New American community by attending programming meetings, teaching primary prevention curriculum materials and creating empowerment based events and distributing culturally relevant information about primary prevention.
- Lead Coordinated Community Response Team (CCRT) with community partners.
- Create programming and curricula in conjunction with the project collaborators.
- Lead allyship and leadership training.
- Ensure adherence to all contract goals and grant objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR an equivalent combination of practical and academic experience.
- Experience engaging men and working with refugee and/or immigrant populations.
- Ability to develop, implement, market and assess engaging and interactive programs and events.
- Facilitate small and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Innovative, collaborative, and self-directed
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, de-escalation, crisis intervention, and listening
- Organized and detail orien
Conditions of Employment Offer
- The employee must obtain a 40-hour crisis counselor certification within 90-days or next available training
- The employee must pass a background check
- Embrace the mission and committed to the values of RRC, including anti-oppression and anti-racism
How to Apply
Applications for the Prevention Specialist position will be accepted until June 28th, 2021. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Prevention Specialist. Please email any questions to email@example.com.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Utah (1)
- CSW (1)
- LCSW (3)
- Supervision Available (1)
- Bachelors (2)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Park City (4)
- Youth (5)
- Girls (5)
- LMFT (1)
- CMHC (2)
- Ogden (1)
- Weber State University (1)
- Young Adults (1)
- MFT (1)
- Provo (1)
- Residential Treatment Center (1)
- Utah County (1)
- Wasatch County (1)
- Salt Lake City (1)
- Sexual Violence Prevention (1)
- Mens Services (1)