Social Worker - Mental Health
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Social Worker.
Questions? Contact Karen Nay, recruiter at Karen.Nay@hcahealthcare.com or call/text at (385) 237-7440.
At HCA Healthcare we offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and student loan repayment.
As a Social Worker in Behavioral Health at our facility you will be joining a team that has a passion for creating positive patient interactions and a dedication to caring for the multi-faceted wellness of those we serve. In this role:
- You will intervene with patients who have complex psychosocial needs, require assistance with eligibility determination for social programs and funding sources, and qualify for community assistance from a variety of special funds and agencies.
- You will offer crisis intervention to patients and families with psychosocial needs and coordinate the development of a discharge plan of care for high-risk patient populations.
- You will receive referrals for individuals from at-risk populations from interdisciplinary team members.
- You will perform intake assessments for patients with serious mental illness and substance use disorders.
- You will assess for suicidal and homicidal ideations, psychosis, and other mental disorders and make appropriate referrals as needed.
- You will meet with patients in individual counseling sessions as well as conduct psychotherapy process groups.
- You will perform utilization review functions, including conducting InterQual reviews and obtain insurance authorization.
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) includes a full-service hospital with 318 patient beds. It serves as the region’s healthcare hub, serving Southeast Idaho, Western Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park and parts of Montana. EIRMC is home to a Level II Trauma Center, a Level 1 ICU (of only two in Idaho), and the only Burn Center in the state of Idaho. Our ER is the most experienced in the region. The hospital's other specialty services include the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit capable of caring for babies born as early as 22 weeks gestation; the region’s only Pediatric Intensive Unit, the largest heart program in the region, a Behavioral Health Center which is a74-bed Joint Commission accredited psychiatric hospital and the region’s only Primary Stroke Center.
EIRMC is part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and EIRMC are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Master's of Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Counseling required.
- State of Idaho license in social work required.
- Acceptable licenses: LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, LMSW, LPC, LAMFT
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) Certification.
- Current driver's license.
- Mental health and/or substance use treatment experience preferred.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- California (1)
- Salt Lake City (7)
- LCSW (10)
- Masters (6)
- Youth (1)
- Women's Services (1)
- West Valley (3)
- South Jordan (1)
- CSW (4)
- MFT (2)
- LMFT (2)
- ACMHC (4)
- CMHC (2)
- EMDR (1)
- Play Therapy (1)
- Medical Social Work (6)
- Ogden (1)
- Bachelors (4)
- SSW (2)
- Idaho (1)
- LCPC (1)
- LMSW (3)
- LPC (1)
- LAMFT (1)
- Alaska (2)
- Homelessness (4)
- Men's Services (3)
- Provo (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (1)
- Murray (1)
- CSUDC (1)
- SUDC (1)
- ASUDC (1)