Youth Programs Assistant
Position Title: Youth Programs Assistant
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Term: 32 hours per week minimum (Full-Time Temporary Position - June 2021 )
Rate of Pay: $15/hour
Education: High school diploma or GED
Schedule: Monday – Friday; Hours: Varies 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Latino Behavioral Health Services is looking for a young
adult, ages 21-30, to join the Youth Programs Team. Must pass a criminal background check; be
a self-identified individual who is in recovery from behavioral health and/or substance use
disorder; or an adult who has or has had an ongoing and personal relationship with an individual
with a behavioral health disorder; previous work and/or volunteer experience with teens and
young adults preferred
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have or will commit to complete a Peer Support
Training through the Utah Division of Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health (DSAMH);
Bilingual required (Spanish and English)
Latino Behavioral Health Services (LBHS) is a non-profit organization focused on providing
behavioral health services to the Latinx community of Utah. This includes therapy, peer
mentoring, support groups, and educational classes. All of the services are provided in English
and Spanish, with a focus on being culturally sensitive and aware of the clients.
LBHS’s team members are emotionally aware individuals who work towards the empowerment
of the Latinx community. They are immigrants and community members, as well as people with
a history of mental illness and/or substance abuse.
The Youth Programs Assistant is expected to work directly under the Youth Programs
Coordinator with supervision from the Executive Director and Clinical Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position develops and offers community, and in-office peer support
services, acting as a role model and providing both direct and indirect support services to
promote the recovery process in youth and young adults (ages 12-30) and their families. This
position also works directly within Utah school districts as a Latinx student mentor.
● Advocates for Latinx youth and their families by providing culturally and linguistically
appropriate connections and resources
● Destigmatizes mental health and develops community and self-reliance in youth through
● Establishes, maintains, and co-facilitates a therapeutic relationship with youth and young
● Assists in establishing and maintaining a recovery-oriented program culture
● Engages clients individually and in groups to instill hope, encourage personal
responsibility for recovery, and facilitate the development of recovery goals,
self-advocacy skills, natural supports, crisis plans, and recovery plans.
● Models competency in recovery and ongoing coping skills, articulating points in their
own recovery story that are relevant to the challenges faced by clients receiving services
in the program.
● Observes, records, and reports client behavior and progress as indicated.
● Participates as a full team member and provides input via reporting observations,
concerns, and asking appropriate questions.
● Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings as necessary.
● Demonstrates knowledge of de-escalation techniques and Non-violent Crisis Intervention
principles, using these concepts to assist in maintaining program safety.
● Assist consumers in developing skills to regulate emotions, including anger management
and managing stress.
● Assists treatment team in monitoring symptoms and crisis prevention.
● Collaborates with the team to help clients learn about grievances procedures, mediating
and assisting in resolving complaints.
Please email email@example.com with your resume.
Questions? Call (801) 935-4447.
Closing Date: Until Filled
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (1)
- Salt Lake City (11)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- CSW (6)
- SSW (2)
- Substance Use Disorder (3)
- SUDC (2)
- Homelessness (6)
- Licensed (2)
- LCSW (6)
- U of U Campus (2)
- West Jordan (1)
- Masters (5)
- Men's Services (2)
- Bachelors (4)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Juris Doctorate (1)
- ACMHC (1)
- LCMHC (1)
- MFT (1)
- Orem (1)
- LMFT (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (1)
- MSW (1)
- BLS (1)
- Midvale (1)
- ASUDC (1)
- CASUDC (1)
- CASUDC-I (1)
- CSUDC (1)
- CSDUC-I (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)