If you are interested in working in health and human services, mental health or substance abuse treatment, this is a great place to start!
Odyssey House's Mission is "Empowering people to heal and build better lives". We are dedicated to helping individuals and families reclaim their lives through effective substance abuse treatment, prevention, and mental health services. Our programs address education, job skills, healthcare, sober housing, behavioral management, and aftercare support to ensure lifelong success. We are proud to be the largest treatment provider in Utah with the most innovative programs available. ‘We Are Recovery,’ and we mean it with all of our heart.
Odyssey Awards & Stats
- 2019 Salt Lake Tribune Top Workplace award
- 22 Best of State awards
- 98% feel work is meaningful and they make an impact
- 96% feel Odyssey provides high quality care
- 94% are satisfied with Odyssey
- 97% feel supported by their supervisor
- 97% enjoy their supervisor
- 94% feel supervisors value their feedback
- 94% are optimistic about Odyssey’s success
- 94% are satisfied with executive leadership
Base Pay: $12.50 Per Hour (graveyard shift may have a shift differential)
Part Time Benefits
- Shift differential and holiday pay.
- Casual work environment.
- Opportunities for bonuses, awards, and raises.
- Learning and collaborative environment.
- Employee contribution retirement plan.
- Become familiar with each client and conduct headcounts throughout the night.
- Learn processes, methodology, technologies, and consistently follow them.
- Distribution of medication to clients.
- Communicate with the Medical Staff or Staff-On-Call as necessary.
- Produce accurate Incident Reports concerning accidents, medical situations, or facility safety risk hazards.
- Conduct urine analysis drug testing as necessary.
- Conduct routine security checks.
- Maintain both new and old treatment files.
- Office cleaning, when necessary.
- Follow the client schedule during shift.
- Follow client safety and facility procedures.
- Learn and adopt client de-escalation techniques and help clients vent their feelings appropriately.
- Maintaining logs – computer (record times of all security checks, headcounts, groups, SOC contacts).
- Attend staff meetings and training.
- Role model pro-social behaviors and appearance for clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to provide two references we can contact via phone or email (or bring reference letters)
- Must maintain a drug free lifestyle and submit to drug testing (must test negative for federally illegal substances) as per Odyssey House policies
- Must be able to take and pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to complete all new hire requirements and trainings
- Ability to maintain clear and consistent professional boundaries with clients
- Excellent attendance record
- Must agree to employment eligibility requirements including all vaccination requirements (flu and COVID-19 immunizations and TB testing)
- Passion for Community Service and helping others to realize their own potential.
- Communication Skills to problem solve directly with clients and other staff.
- Reliability to fill their support staff shifts and deliver on position responsibilities.
- Self-Starter qualities to independently address issues and needs in our organization community.
- Teachable - Willingness to learn and grow in their position.
All employees of Odyssey House are required to adhere to: Odyssey House mission, philosophy and scope of service; Division of Human Services Code of Conduct and all other relevant service contract requirement standards; ensuring a safe environment for all clients and staff; providing exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers; fostering a positive work environment; ensuring high quality client care within the scope of assigned position.
Each employee is expected to clearly understand roles and responsibilities regarding the following: Specific job position, time management, personnel file requirements, client record system, incident reporting, mandatory training requirements, maintaining proper client boundaries, individual rights of clients and staff.
Physical Demands of the Job: Ability to lift up to 15 lbs, driving (or adequate alternate transportation), sitting for prolonged periods, light to moderate physical activity at times.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (1)
- Salt Lake City (11)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- CSW (6)
- SSW (2)
- Substance Use Disorder (3)
- SUDC (2)
- Homelessness (6)
- Licensed (2)
- LCSW (6)
- U of U Campus (2)
- West Jordan (1)
- Masters (5)
- Men's Services (2)
- Bachelors (4)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Juris Doctorate (1)
- ACMHC (1)
- LCMHC (1)
- MFT (1)
- Orem (1)
- LMFT (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (1)
- MSW (1)
- BLS (1)
- Midvale (1)
- ASUDC (1)
- CASUDC (1)
- CASUDC-I (1)
- CSUDC (1)
- CSDUC-I (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)