Public Outreach & Education Coordinator
Do you want to be part of an organization whose people are passionate about a bold and noble purpose? Do you enjoy being a driving force behind the inception, planning, development of ideas and projects to improve our society?
If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to join an energetic, mutually supportive, and visionary team at the Utah State Courts. You will be responsible for public outreach and education of court programs to the public. You will work with judges, court staff, community leaders and influencers, in order to help improve the awareness of programs to people of Utah.
This is a new position on a new team that will require dynamic thinking in an ever evolving environment. Under the direction of the Director of Office of Fairness and Accountability you will help create the requirements of the position and establish the programs, measures, and strategies to make this position successful. The team is designed to help promote equality and provide outreach and education opportunities statewide. You will be responsible to improve on existing programs, create new programs, classes, materials, and coordinate the logistics of these programs. You will take charge of an integral role of narrowing the existence of gaps in access to justice for marginalized communities.
This is a rare opportunity to join a synergetic team culture in a beautiful, historic building in downtown Salt Lake City, packaged with unbeatable health and retirement benefits, an excellent work-life balance, and plenty of location-specific perks such as, onsite cafeteria, and access to a plethora of business and other local resources. Click here to view a summary of all the benefits we offer.
Example of Duties
- Coordinate outreach, partnership, and relationship efforts to focus on measurable results and improving strategic outcomes.
- Identify measures or indicators of success and identify the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the program.
- Create and establish, with the Direct of Fairness and Accountability, the priorities, strategies, and duties of this position. This will require being a self-starter and experienced professional who can work under minimal supervision, but who is accountable to results.
- Connect and break down barriers with diverse and historically marginalized communities to inform and provide resources on how the justice system works.
- Help create programs and outreach to help marginalized communities gain access to judicial branch resources.
- Identify and report on programs for marginalized and under-served communities.
- Forge much-needed working relationships with community leaders and influencers.
- Engage community leaders and social workers on judicial branch programs and resources.
- Ensure strong internal and external communications on status, issues, and expectations.
- Work with already-established, community-based organizations to provide education and training on where people in need can go for help with legal issues.
- Help develop and provide training to judicial branch employees.
- Market the programs and education via the use of social media and other technologies to increase exposure.
- Co-design meetings, outreach events, and outreach strategies with community leaders and influencers.
- Collaborate annually in the creation and execution of a comprehensive outreach plan.
- Balance conflicting interests and work well in an environment of competing priorities.
- Create communication materials, scripts, and presentations to community stakeholders
- Encourages public participation through development of fact sheets, media announcements, community relations, and public presentations.
- Coordinates program activities, services, and/or program implementation with private providers, other governmental entities, program users, etc.
(includes knowledge, skills, and abilities required upon entry into position and trainable after entry into position)
- Juris Doctorate or Masters Degree in a legal, public administration, or related field preferred. 3-4 years experience may be substituted for education.
- At least 1 year of experience preferred.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and build relationships with diverse communities is strongly encouraged.
- Public sector experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of the judicial system and public outreach principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent grammar, proofreading, editing, and public speaking.
- Ability to deal professionally, respectfully, and tactfully with others and provide stellar customer service.
- Working level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications or Google Applications.
- Ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects and grants simultaneously.
For additional details and to apply, go here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/utah/jobs/2968232-0/public-outreach-education-coordinator-administrative-office-of-the-courts-s
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (1)
- Salt Lake City (11)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- CSW (6)
- SSW (2)
- Substance Use Disorder (3)
- SUDC (2)
- Homelessness (6)
- Licensed (2)
- LCSW (6)
- U of U Campus (2)
- West Jordan (1)
- Masters (5)
- Men's Services (2)
- Bachelors (4)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Juris Doctorate (1)
- ACMHC (1)
- LCMHC (1)
- MFT (1)
- Orem (1)
- LMFT (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (1)
- MSW (1)
- BLS (1)
- Midvale (1)
- ASUDC (1)
- CASUDC (1)
- CASUDC-I (1)
- CSUDC (1)
- CSDUC-I (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)