HiFi Team Lead
The Road Home, provider of emergency shelter, housing, and services for people experiencing homelessness, is accepting resumes for the position of HiFI Team Lead. The Team Lead plays a critical role in this intensive case management program by providing daily supervision of staff and providing support to chronically homeless individuals as they move out of homelessness and back into the community.
The Team Lead for HiFI will support the day-to-day operations of a team of Housing Case Managers who work to ensure housing stabilization to individuals in Salt Lake County. This team provides individualized, Housing First adherent services to individuals who have moved out of chronic homelessness and into housing in the community. The Team Lead will also maintain a reduced caseload of clients participating in the HiFI program.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide support to team members by staffing client issues and serving as additional support when client visits require multiple staff.
2. Provide direct supervision to other case managers on the team including holding one on one supervisory meetings and monitoring and providing direction concerning objectives and goals of the team. Assist in training new case management staff.
3. Provide input and actively support establishing and implementing team processes and procedures.
4. Serve as a liaison between the team and the Community Triage Group (CTG), Housing Admin, landlords and other interested partner agencies.
5. Pay attention to mainstream resources for participating clients including Social Security, Medicaid, DWS, Vocational Rehab, etc. Collaborate with mainstream service agencies to ensure the program participants have access to mainstream resources.
6. Attend meetings and provide continuity among departments and partner agencies with which clients often interface.
7. Communicate regularly with the HiFI Supportive Services Supervisor and Clinical Director.
8. Foster team cohesion and collaboration among and within HiFI teams while empowering staff to function independently.
9. Maintain a caseload of clients, providing direct case management which includes crisis intervention, assessments, goal setting, problem solving, agency and community resources utilization, and network building. This will also include moving clients from homelessness into housing and also providing support to teammates who are doing the same.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Experience working with diverse and vulnerable populations.
Knowledge of homeless populations and housing opportunities preferred.
Knowledge and experience working with individuals with mental illness and substance use disorders.
Minimum of one year of case management experience.
Supervisory and administrative experience preferred.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in social work, psychology or related field
Skills and Requirements
1. Demonstrate awareness of, and sensitivity to, diverse populations. Ability to contribute to the agency’s commitment to enhancing awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and cultural heritages are particularly valued.
2. Adhere to and believe in the mission and vision of The Road Home.
3. Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
4. Be dependable and reliable.
5. Possess excellent organizational skills and good judgment.
6. Possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
7. Be proficient in Microsoft Office.
8. Ability and willingness to accept direction from HiFI Housing Supervisor.
9. Able to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism, compassion and from a Trauma-Informed Care perspective.
10. Understanding of the Housing First philosophy, and willingness to have conversations with guests about housing.
11. Must be comfortable in a leadership capacity.
12. Have good driving record and be insurable to drive agency vehicles.
13. Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Physical and Equipment Requirements
Ability to lift 25 pounds
Ability to stand and walk for at least an hour at a time
Instructions to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title HiFI Team Lead in the subject line.
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (1)
- Salt Lake City (11)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- CSW (6)
- SSW (2)
- Substance Use Disorder (3)
- SUDC (2)
- Homelessness (6)
- Licensed (2)
- LCSW (6)
- U of U Campus (2)
- West Jordan (1)
- Masters (5)
- Men's Services (2)
- Bachelors (4)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Juris Doctorate (1)
- ACMHC (1)
- LCMHC (1)
- MFT (1)
- Orem (1)
- LMFT (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (1)
- MSW (1)
- BLS (1)
- Midvale (1)
- ASUDC (1)
- CASUDC (1)
- CASUDC-I (1)
- CSUDC (1)
- CSDUC-I (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)