Family Case Manager
The Road Home is seeking a highly motivated individual who is committed, compassionate, willing to be challenged, and who wants to make a difference in the lives of others. We are looking for a candidate who can bring new skills and perspective to our supportive and motivated case management team.
The Family Case Manager provides client-centered case management services to families experiencing homelessness both in the Midvale Family Resource Center and at motels. Case management is focused on helping families to resolve their homeless crisis rapidly and move back into stable housing in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist families in navigating the shelter and housing resources available in Salt Lake County.
2. Provide families experiencing homelessness with support and resources, and work with families to develop achievable goals aimed at quickly resolving their homeless crisis.
3. Maintain a caseload of families who are currently are in a motel placement and/or shelter.
4. Work with the case management and housing teams to ensure quick housing placement for families in need.
5. Maintain accurate and timely case notes and other required data on each assigned family and stay up to date on their progress toward housing placement.
6. Attend regular meetings.
7. Transport clients using agency vehicles. Conduct outreach visits to clients who are staying in motels (mileage reimbursement available if using own vehicle).
8. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. Experience with case management and/or working with diverse, vulnerable populations.
2. Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required.
3. Knowledge or experience working with homeless populations preferred.
Skills and Requirements
1. Must adhere to and believe in the mission and vision of The Road Home.
2. Familiarity with Trauma-Informed Care and Housing First philosophies, and ability to use sound judgment guided by these philosophies.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with
professionalism, and compassion.
4. Critical thinking skills and the ability to creatively problem solve.
5. High degree of comfort with data entry as well as detailed documentation skills.
6. Ability and willingness to accept direction from Case Management Supervisor.
7. Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
8. Demonstrates awareness of and sensitivity to diverse populations. Ability to contribute to the Agency's commitment to enhancing awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and cultural heritages.
Physical and Equipment Requirements
Should have the ability to lift 25 pounds.
Able to walk and stand for at least an hour at a time.
Must be licensed to drive a vehicle.
Instructions to Apply
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title Family Case Manager in the subject line.
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (1)
- Salt Lake City (11)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- CSW (6)
- SSW (2)
- Substance Use Disorder (3)
- SUDC (2)
- Homelessness (6)
- Licensed (2)
- LCSW (6)
- U of U Campus (2)
- West Jordan (1)
- Masters (5)
- Men's Services (2)
- Bachelors (4)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Juris Doctorate (1)
- ACMHC (1)
- LCMHC (1)
- MFT (1)
- Orem (1)
- LMFT (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (1)
- MSW (1)
- BLS (1)
- Midvale (1)
- ASUDC (1)
- CASUDC (1)
- CASUDC-I (1)
- CSUDC (1)
- CSDUC-I (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)