South Valley Services (SVS) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide options through counseling, case management, prevention and shelter to anyone who has experienced domestic violence to live lives free from violence. Our program aims to empower individuals and communities to recognize their self-worth and to develop the necessary skills to reach their greatest potential. We believe advocacy, prevention and safety are the primary tools in the process of eliminating domestic violence. SVS has three programs to fulfill our mission: The Sanctuary: provides shelter for women, men and children who are seeking a safe place away from domestic violence; Community Resource Centers (CRCs): provide case management, healthy relationship classes, financial empowerment support, and crisis therapy to individuals and families in the community. The CRCs are located in the West Jordan City Hall, the Riverton City Hall, and Salt Lake County libraries and homeless shelters, and Prevention and Education: informs and educates communities regarding domestic violence as well as how to recognize, respond, and refer individuals who are in need of services.
Therapists provide mental health services to clients. They offer individual, family, crisis, and group therapy for residents of the shelter and individuals in the community at SVS' community sites. Therapist will provide clients with the emotional support needed during their time at the shelter and will make appropriate referrals for when they exit shelter. For the clients being served at the community sites, appropriate referrals will be made after a maximum of six sessions with therapist.
• Full-time Hourly (Nonexempt, 40 hours per week)
• Ability to pass a full BCI background check
• CPR Certification is required (Employee pays first time, agency will compensate after first year)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
• Valid Driver License, up to date auto insurance, reliable transportation
• Fluency in writing and speaking English and/or Spanish; Bilingual and Bicultural (Preferred).
• Able to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Experienced in facilitating therapeutic and psychoeducational groups;
• Experienced in working with adults, families, children, and adolescents.
• Experienced in working with co-occurring disorders and trauma-informed care.
• Able to meet deadlines for treatment plans and client notes.
• Experience working with families in crisis
• Able to work individually at community sites with minimal supervision.
• Able to work afternoon and evening hours.
• Ability to work sensitively and effectively with various populations
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Minimum Masters Degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field. LCSW/CSW preferred.
Please send Resume to Alisond@svsutah.org for consideration
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Youth (1)
- Salt Lake City (11)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- CSW (6)
- SSW (2)
- Substance Use Disorder (3)
- SUDC (2)
- Homelessness (6)
- Licensed (2)
- LCSW (6)
- U of U Campus (2)
- West Jordan (1)
- Masters (5)
- Men's Services (2)
- Bachelors (4)
- Relationship & Sexual Violence (1)
- Juris Doctorate (1)
- ACMHC (1)
- LCMHC (1)
- MFT (1)
- Orem (1)
- LMFT (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (1)
- MSW (1)
- BLS (1)
- Midvale (1)
- ASUDC (1)
- CASUDC (1)
- CASUDC-I (1)
- CSUDC (1)
- CSDUC-I (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)