Youth Development Professional
Title: Youth Development Professional (YDP)
Reports to: Program Director
Salary Range: $13-15/hour
Hours: Monday- Friday approximately 12:00-6:00PM
Benefits: Birthday PTO, referral bonus, professional development
At Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake, diversity is the heart and soul of our history, the populations we serve, and our mission. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that does not discriminate against any protected characteristic or other aspect that makes an individual unique. Our greatest strength comes from the insights, experiences, and knowledge from all people.
If at any point in the application and interview process, you require reasonable accommodation please contact our Human Resource Department.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake:
Since 1967, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake has offered positive alternatives to children who may be surrounded by negative influences, showing them how to live successful and productive lives. Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake serves kids at 7 locations in Salt Lake, Tooele and Carbon County. Last year, nearly 7,000 youth attended our Clubs with over 1,200 members coming to the Clubs each day. Boys & Girls Clubs give their members, ages 5 - 18, access to dedicated, caring individuals who can provide guidance in adopting healthy lifestyles and pursuing educational objectives. Most importantly, Boys & Girls Clubs equip young people with the skills they need to resolve conflicts peacefully, improve relationships and function as responsible citizens.
Youth Development Professionals (YDP) develop fun, engaging, and age appropriate activities for youth and teens from diverse backgrounds. Using our three priority outcomes; academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles as a guide, Youth Development Professionals ensure that every Club Member has an Optimal Club Experience that sets them up for lifelong success.
Successful YDPs have a passion for serving others and contributing to the wellbeing of the community at large. Youth Development Professionals have the ability to connect with young people and offer supportive relationships. They are team players willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that Club Members are safe, recognized, and given the opportunity to learn new skills.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establish rapport with youth and provide mentoring, guidance, role modeling to members and overall direction for their leadership development, artistic skills, physical activity engagement, and academic progress
- Submit regular lesson plans, attendance sheets and other administrative duties
- Provide active supervision continually interacting with all members and providing motivation and encouragement
- Ensure engagement, stimulate participation, and promote consistent attendance of youth enrolled in activities
- Plan special events, such as guest speakers, performances or field trips
- Ability to work in high energy, loud, and active settings with large groups of youth and teens
- Gain a working knowledge of grant outcome expectations and report results as requested
- Ability to prioritize tasks and accomplish them in a detailed, timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with Club Members, peers, parents, community leaders, etc.
- Self-motivated, comfortable with both independent and collaborative processes
- Willing to share an area of interest, skill, or talent with youth
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Past or current college/university enrollment preferred
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to pass Drug Screening
Great Futures Start Here:
As part of our mantra, Great Futures Start Here applies not only to our Club Members, but Boys & Girls Clubs employees. Working part time with Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake provides an opportunity to explore a career in youth services, social work, education, child care, grant management, and many other career options. Our employees gain impactful experiences that will prepare them for growth with Boys & Girls Clubs or the next step in their career path. Our leaders are dedicated to the mission; impassioned by the work we do, and ready to mentor tomorrow’s leaders.
Youth Development Professional Benefits:
- Monday through Friday work schedule, no late nights or weekends required- great for student/work/life balance
- Paid day off for your birthday- because YDPs should have some fun too!
- We know you’ll love working with us. Refer a friend to join the team and you’ll receive a $75 bonus
- Professional development; mentorship with industry leaders, organization wide training, and professional development scholarships
- Large network of Boys & Girls Clubs professionals across the country
For more information or to apply, visit https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=youth+development+professional+eccles+club&jk=00aa91838abfc5ef&_ga=2.117195332.370394562.1629247711-593987532.1614640673.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Masters (5)
- CSW (5)
- LCSW (9)
- AMFT (2)
- LMFT (4)
- AMHC (1)
- CMHC (4)
- Sandy (1)
- Youth (4)
- Children (4)
- MSW (1)
- Salt Lake City (7)
- Addiction Recovery (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (1)
- PhD (1)
- MAT (1)
- Tooele (1)
- Criminal Justice (1)
- U of U Campus (4)
- Murray (1)
- Lehi (1)
- St. George (1)
- Bachelors (1)
- Riverton (1)
- ACMHC (2)
- LPC (1)
- Bi-Lingual preferred (1)
- Family (2)
- Vernal (1)
- Blanding (1)
- South Jordan (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- MFT (1)
- Provo (1)
- American Fork (1)
- Utah County (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)
- Davis County (1)
- Weber County (1)
- SSW (1)
- Idaho (1)