Transition to Adult Living Supervisor
Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah, 224 North 2200 West, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84116
Status: Full-time, Exempt with full benefits
Hiring Range: $21.00-$23.00/hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of
people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Migration and
Refugee Services and Basic Needs Programs.
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health and dental insurance for employees working 30+ hours, 401a and 403b retirement plans, life insurance, and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
Assume primary responsibility for ensuring that all Transition to Adult Living services are in compliance with the state and federal regulations as well as the policies and procedures of the Refugee Foster Care program. To supervise the Transition to Adult Living coaches and Educational Liaisons.
1. Overall responsibility for the efficacy of the Refugee Foster Care Program’s approach to helping youth prepare for the transition to adulthood and long-term self-sufficiency.
2. Overall responsibility for the hiring, training, and job performance of the Transition to Adult Living Coaches, Educational and Emancipated Youth Liaisons.
3. Ensure that caseloads and responsibilities are distributed equitably to staff based on the needs of the youth and staff workloads.
4. Assess the implementation of the Supervised Independent Living program and improve as needed.
5. Ensure that Educational Training Vouchers are administered according to federal policy.
6. Quality improvement regarding the Life Skills Curriculum including assessment and documentation.
7. Participate in weekly staff meetings for the Refugee Foster Care team.
8. Conduct monthly staff meetings with the Transition to Adult Living team.
9. Conduct one-on-one meetings with all staff under direct supervision at least once a month.
10. Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Work Environment – inside/outside, office, warehouse, noise, temperature, etc.
1. Work will be performed primarily inside but will occur in youths’ homes, places of employment, educational institutes, and other locations as needed in addition to being performed in an office.
Physical Demands including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
1. Work requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods, to walk moderate distances, to drive, and occasionally to assist youth with physical activities such as carrying groceries or household supplies.
2. Driving is required in this position.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
1. Works independently in safe, appropriate manner
2. Demonstrates both problem solving and problem prevention
3. Displays sensitivity to the needs of clients, client’s families, visitors, co-workers, volunteers, and other persons with whom the employee may interact
4. Recognizes time as a valuable resource and responds promptly to needs of clients, and co-workers
5. Consistently performs work assignments in a time-efficient manner and adheres to deadlines
6. Proficiency in English oral and written communication
7. Must maintain confidentiality regarding client’s information
8. Proficiency in computer skills to maintain case files, complete documentation, scheduling, and e-mail in Outlook
9. Ability to perform functions as itemized in nature and scope of position
Education, training and or experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, or a related field from an accredited institution
2. Supervisory experience and demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
3. Familiar with and supportive of the mission of Catholic Community Services of Utah and the vision of the Catholic Church articulated by the diocesan bishop
4. Experience with multi-cultural and refugee community
5. Experience in conducting independent living skills training with youth
6. Experience advocating for youth in school settings
Background Screen/BCI requirement
1. Must pass a national BCI/FBI background check
Licenses, certifications and credentials
1. Current Utah driver’s license, proof of auto insurance with minimum policy liability limits of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per occurrence, 21 years of age or older, a clean driving record, and ability to meet CCS vehicle safety requirements.
Position status and expected schedule
1. This position is full-time and exempt.
2. The general schedule will consist of 40 hours to be worked between Monday and Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM. Rotating on-call availability for emergencies for weekends and holidays
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go the company website: https://ccsutah.org/ and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Masters (5)
- CSW (5)
- LCSW (9)
- AMFT (2)
- LMFT (4)
- AMHC (1)
- CMHC (4)
- Sandy (1)
- Youth (4)
- Children (4)
- MSW (1)
- Salt Lake City (7)
- Addiction Recovery (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (1)
- PhD (1)
- MAT (1)
- Tooele (1)
- Criminal Justice (1)
- U of U Campus (4)
- Murray (1)
- Lehi (1)
- St. George (1)
- Bachelors (1)
- Riverton (1)
- ACMHC (2)
- LPC (1)
- Bi-Lingual preferred (1)
- Family (2)
- Vernal (1)
- Blanding (1)
- South Jordan (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)
- MFT (1)
- Provo (1)
- American Fork (1)
- Utah County (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)
- Davis County (1)
- Weber County (1)
- SSW (1)
- Idaho (1)